cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was convinced at a Fido Store to apply for a RogersBank Credit card which (he said) offers 5 free “Roam Days”

EPeggyH
I'm a participant level 2

I was talked into applying for a Rogers Bank Credit card because of higher cash backs and (he said) 5 free International Roam Days, which I've since found out do not apply to Fido customers. I'm in Europe and had planned on using those free days but decided to check before I turned on my Fido sim. Good thing because otherwise I would have had a $70 bill when I got home! Fido really should make sure their staff are adequately trained on these things! You still get "bonus" cash back when you link the accounts and pay the Fido bill with your Rogers Mastercard, but Rogers Customers also get 5 free Roam Days as well.  I am just disappointed because the Fido sales person gave me incorrect information which tipped the scales for me to apply for the credit card. 

4 REPLIES 4

Zach38
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

The same here! Was convinced by an agent! So is this just a fraud?? Unbelievable!

FidoSaira

Hello there!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry you were lead to believe otherwise. At the moment, only Rogers wireless customers can roam at no cost for 5 days every year with Roam Like Home in up to 185 destinations (up to $75 value). Redeemed on a first come first use basis on any CTN on the customer’s account.

Hi @EPeggyH , I also applied for the Rogers world credit card for the same reason. I called Rogers bank to confirm that it was indeed accurate and they said yes, so just prior to travel, I called again to make sure and was told no, only Rogers customers. The forms that came with the terms and conditions for the card also led me to believe that I had the benefit. So, I called again and they tried to switch me to Rogers to be eligible for the 5 days of roaming. So, you are correct that we are not eligible and I'm glad you mentioned it for others who may switch thinking that they will get that perk. So, I believe that the fido reps are not at fault, it's the vague information on the documents that leads people to believe that it's a benefit for us. 

EPeggyH

I think it is a terrible bait and switch! I think I will write to the CTRC or someone...