cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been cheated and scammed

Saiel
I'm a participant level 2

This is extremely disgraceful. I booked my phone last week when the Black Friday deals were on and the cost structure was entirely different. As soon as i booked it i got a message that my phone was booked, the cost was not mentioned anywhere(smartly and on purpose), something they do everywhere all the time. Yesterday when i went to pick up my phone, they said i will be charged regular rates which is double than what i had booked it on. Even though i reserved it on Black Friday only because the deals were such at that time, they say that cost is not mentioned anywhere. Now i realise that i was being cheated and they charge me according to their will.  Also the agent told me that there will be an extra $50 charges just for picking up the phone, SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE, so fido again trys to suck me out of my money without mentioning it anywhere. When i asked the agent if i will get it back if i return the phone he said yes, but he said he can't mention it anywhere. On my first bill i was promised i would get $50 back, and due to trust i though i will get it back according to policy, but now fido said it's not written anywhere. They just make false promises(lies) verbally and when you go back theys say it's not written anywhere. 

I have been scammed by Fido twice now, for my first month bill as well as the phone. This is not going to get you customers you scammers, coz i am obviously not getting the phone, as well as quitting my Fido number if this dosen't get resolved. And i have proof to things so i am even intending to circluate this on social media, my college, workplace and make it completely viral that i and many others have been cheated.

5 REPLIES 5

Dawudi2000
I'm a participant level 3

I gave up, planning to go with another provider. The supervisor called me and she was very helpful but its too late now! As I mentioned before, Fido should take this kind of escalations very seriously otherwise will be left with no customers.
Best of luck @Saiel 

Hey @Saiel and @Dawudi2000! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experiences. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel when trying to get a new pone for yourselves!

I'll be happy to check all that out with you both, if you wish, to see what I can do to help you. Just request a PM from the community and we'll send you one.

Hope to chat with you soon!

Dawudi2000

Me too !! Finally I found someone that had the same issue, I was called indirectly a leir ! The good news is I am expecting a call back from a supervisor by tomorrow, all conversation been recorded and I have sales agent confirming prices on the phone. Want to know is this is a scam or a mistake.

Saiel

Did you get any closure on the matter?

Saiel

Please have the courtsey to reply and tell me what to do next.