Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group message not working

Roxfin
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello

I have an iPhone 12 running on iOS 16.6 (just updated). I recently travelled to Europe and used an International eSIM. After returning from my trip and switching back to my Fido primary SIM my group message which includes non-iPhone users has stoped working. Rather a conversation in a group my messages are being sent to everyone as an individual message and I am only receiving individual messages when others respond to the group chat. 

so far I have reset my network settings, I have checked my message settings (yes they are correct) and I have done a hard reboot on my phone. None of these have fixed the issue. My research on-line indicates this is a network issue not a device issue. Any help to correct this would be appreciated. 

thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoKenny

Hello  @Roxfin  and thank you for sharing your experience with us here.

I went over the apple support page and it seems that it's meant to work that way:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202724 

Roxfin

I have also discovered I cannot send any photos or other media to Android phones -Help! 

Hi @Roxfin, Alex here! 

We'll definitely be able to take a closer look into this with you. You can reach out to our customer service through any of the channels here and we'll be happy to help. 

Roxfin

@FidoKenny @Can you please investigate on the network side. This is not a phone issue. Just to be clear messages I am sending in a group are sending as private messages not in the group conversation. Previously this was functioning correctly where all messages were sent and received in the group chat (even for those using Android phones) 

Roxfin

It was not working this way before my trip to Europe and the use of the other eSIM - group messaging was working correctly - I was able to see and respond to all messages in a group