cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got sent 4 emails from DONOTREPLY@fido.ca about my account

Kathme4
I'm a participant level 2

The live chat is infuriating and the callback system wants me to schedule for tomorrow, which is a Saturday, and I don't want to do that.

Today at 2:35pm I received an email from DONOTREPLY@fido.ca saying my account number was successfully linked. The last four digits they gave matched my current number. However immediately after that (the same minute) I received three consecutive emails telling me my account was delinked, each one giving me a different last four digits. The second email had the last four digits of my current number, but as I mentioned I still have that number linked. The rest of the email looked official - all links led to Fido's official website and it had the same banner on the bottom as other emails (like the one I was sent for my live chat transcript).

I spoke to two people over the chat - the first one kept bringing up that I contacted Fido previously about my problems logging into the app, and it sounded like he was saying that's why my number changed but he wasn't explaining why and nor did he seem to understand what I was saying. I decided to talk to the second person, who then told me that Fido has no record of emailing me today or any changes to my account number. They said it must have been a fraud agency and told me to contact the anti-fraud organization, which I did - they just led me to a message that told me to tell my service provider (just a loop back around to Fido).

I know fraud agencies can fake another email to get my private information. But they didn't have some sort of link or attachment to take anything from me. The emails literally just said there were changes to my number. And it said that if I didn't authorize them, to contact Fido (via the official Fido page).

I doubt that there is a big issue with my account but I also want to know that my account isn't compromised and that no one is messing with the details. Or that Fido isn't doing things I didn't authorize. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNajat

Hey @Kathme4  We're sorry to read about your experience with our customer service. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel! Have you received the help you need since your post? If not, please contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to assist you.

Kathme4

Nope it's not solved yet. Does not seem like the live chat is useful so if I keep getting emails the only thing I can do is try to get a callback. I don't know why I can't just directly call someone.  

Sorry to hear it's not yet been resolved!

To avoid customers waiting on the line for the next available agent, we've provided our callback feature where you can simply schedule a callback at a suitable time for you!

Rest assured; we try our best to get back to everyone ASAP. 

Hope this helps clear out our intentions. Smiley