cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido to Rogers Migration Exclusive Offer

Caesarsings
I'm a participant level 3

So, I received an email offering me an exclusive offer if I switch from Fido to Rogers. That offer includes a discounted phone plan of $12/mo for an iPhone 14 128GB, upfront edge, for 24 months, with $72 down payment. Also, a Rogers Infinite Plan of 50GB data with a discounted price of $45 before taxes. I went to the Rogers and Fido store closest to my place to get the offer but they weren't able to give it to me. They called technical support and ask me to visit again after 2 days bug to no avail, they werent able to process it. I've spent time, effort and money just to go to the store twice and still, nothing. Always going home, empty handed. I don't know if Fido and Rogers are sending emails with misleading advertisements because if they do, they might be sued for it.

10 REPLIES 10

Princeyute10
I'm a participant level 1

I receive a call everyday from someone claiming to be Rogers promotion dept offering me: 

Phone plan and iPhone15 with 80gigs of data for $50 on 24mth plan. I decline and say I dont need a phone, they offer me the plan without the phone, same value. I tell them I'm fine with Fido with the plan i have, they offer me 100gig for $35. I ask for it to be sent to me in an email but they want to rush the conversation. Then they ask for my name. Why would they need my name? Whats the catch? The guy always says i have 15 days to try but I am concerned about hidden charges and wont get a bill in 15 days to verify. So they cant send me in writing and want to rush...whats going on? 

Caesarsings

Exclusive offer are sent through mail, through your Fido Account, or through a text nessage from Fido Service (not sure), I think. So, better call the customer service to confirm about the offer, if you are interested.

PascalLafrance

Je veux migrer vers Rogers 

Salut PascalLafrance,

Bienvenue dans la communauté !

Notez que Fido a un forum en français (voir ici). Cependant, puisque vous avez posté sur le forum anglais, je vais continuer en anglais...

As mentioned below by FidoAlex, if you wished to migrate your services to Rogers, you would need to contact them to set up services. If there are any current promotions available for migrating services, those promotions would only be accessible by Rogers customer service or on Rogers.com.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Caesarsings,

Welcome to the community!

Did the email give you instructions on how to go about making the switch? I would suggest reaching out to Rogers customer service directly and have them look into it.

Caesarsings

it just says there, visit your local store today. And that's what I did. I went to the store a couple of times. They called customer service amd all. I even talked to a customer support but still, nothing. 

Hello again @Caesarsings did you go to a Rogers or Fido store? I would suggest you call Rogers customer service directly and talk to them.

Caesarsings

Trust me, I did all that I need to. I went to rogers store twice and called customer service thrice. I also called to fido customer service and tried my luck, but nada! I just leg it rest there. I was about to file a case for misleading or false advertising, but I don't wanna go through all the troubles.

Hi @Caesarsings, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get the offer that you received from Rogers. I can imagine how frustrating this might be. 

While Rogers is our parent company, if you received an offer to migrate your services to them, they would be the ones to help you with that offer. As much as I would love to help you myself here, we can only offer you support for your Fido services. 

I understand that you already contacted Rogers to inquire about this offer, but I would recommend that you get in touch with them again if you're still interested in their offer. You can find their contact details here

Caesarsings

I tried calling them again, but still, they weren't able to fix it. So, I just let the promo vanish. As, they eventually told me, they found no communication about it on their system, which makes me doubtful. I just hope that Fido,/ Rogers would never send fraudulent and misleading promotions cos if they do, I won't give it a second thought to file a case.

I am not threatening no one. I just want everyone to know that I am serious about this.