cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido giving new customers better deals than loyal customers?

mecola
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been with fido for more than 3 years but I see that they offer new customers plans with more data but lower rates. 

I am wondering why I am not able to get that same plan when I go into change plan in my account. Fido messages me time to time thanking for being a loyal customer, yet I feel like they are giving new customers more perks. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kiru
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

This is absolutely true. I have been with Fido for over 20 years and new users pay half the amount for more data.... It's time to move to another provider. They do not want or need loyal customers. Leave Fido. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I'm in the same boat. Long time Fido client but I finally had enough of this rush to acquire new customers while ignoring current users. I took my personal business elsewhere but still have 4 lines with Fido. As those contracts expire I'll be exploring my options. As an example Fido wanted over $500 down payment for the new Pixel 8 Pro. I paid 0 down with a different carrier, got 5G service, US data included and paying exactly what I had been paying Fido. 

Hello @Proac 

Sorry to learn that you couldn't get the deal you were looking for. We always work for new promotions to our existing customers as well.

For assistance, you can find all the ways to reach our team here.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

The really humurous part was Fido was offering better deals to my kids lines than to mine. Hey I just pay the bill why should my line get the same or better offers? 

Hello Kiru.

Thank you for sharing this with us here on the Community. We do hope that you decide to keep your service with us. For assistance with your account and to go over your options, it will be necessary to speak with a representative.

You can find all the ways to reach our team here.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mecola,

Welcome to the community!

Carriers these days have targeted offers, for instance, your account might be targeted for an offer not available to everyone and sometimes they have offers that are just targeted at new customers this is for them to gain new customers.

You can log in to your account and go to change plan and you can see if your account has any exclusive offers if not you can always call customer service and see what they can do.