cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Fido

gilmoregirls
I'm a participant level 2

I have been a Fido customer for 15+ years and have always had very good customer service- until now. I ordered an iphone 11 on August 26th and received an email saying that I would be notified when the device shipped. I was never notified or contacted so on September 20th (3.5 weeks after ordering) I went onto Fido chat to ask about the phone and to find out what was happening. I was told the the phone was on backorder (would have been nice to have been notified about this prior), and that the phone would arrive in 3-4 weeks. I asked what I should do if I do not receive shipping notification in that timeframe and was told "Do not worry this is the maximum time frame for this device as from now" (direct quote from the chat). Four weeks passed and nothing from Fido, so I called again, this time on October 18th. I had the worst customer service experience- I was already frustrated and talking to this representative only made it worse. She basically said that they are backordered everywhere and if I thought I could get it elsewhere then go ahead, when I said that if I was going to do that I was going to take my 15+ years of being a Fido client with me, she basically said go ahead. She never tried to make it right, never validated my frustration and then told me that I should have known the device was backordered because I hadn't yet been charged for it. I said I believed I had not been charged because I didn't yet receive the device, and could not have known it was backordered because Fido never reached out to notify me of this or the huge delay. I said that someone in the company must have some idea of when these phones would be shipped and she said they do, but she doesn't have that info. So I asked to speak or be directed to someone who knew and then she said no one knows (after telling me the opposite). She was not able to give me any indication of when the device would be in stock and shipped. I asked if it could be months and she said no, but then could not say how long it would be. Fido never indicated that this device was backordered when I placed my order. They are still taking orders for this device on the website, even though orders placed almost 10 weeks ago (maybe for some even longer) have still not been fulflled. This is such poor business and poor customer service. Further, when I asked if I could get a different phone that was equal to or better than the one I ordered she said "We don't do that", so I asked what Fido could do for me, and she said nothing. But then said "I can give you 30GB of data for $60", which has been an offer on my account for months and would have me paying more than I'm currently paying....no attempt to try to show any semblance of proper customer service. It was the most brutal and frustrating conversation. I am so disappointed in the terrible customer service and lack of communication from Fido- they used to care about customer service and helping their customers. I think it's time to switch carriers.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoStephane

Good morning @gilmoregirls

For starters, we would you like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's important that we receive feedback, good or bad. 

Backordered devices is indeed a problem, This is something we need to look into. 

As for your negative expsrience with our customer service, rest assured you feedback will be forwarded to concerned department.  

gilmoregirls

Hello and thank you for acknowledging my message. I appreciate you directing my feedback to the appropriate department, however, this does not move my issue towards a solution. Fido needs to be far more transparent with customers and provide a more concrete timeline with regards to the delivery of devices ordered. Telling customers (after the fact) that they will receive their order "sometime" without any sort of timeline is such poor business and is unacceptable. It has been nearly 3 months since I ordered my iphone and the only communication with Fido has been that initiated by me. Fido took my order, confirmed it with an email and then nothing. This is unacceptable. Customers should not have to chase down information once their order has been placed- Fido should be taking responsibility for initiating clear and transparent communication with customers. I would like a timeframe for when I can expect to receive my iphone, that is what would be helpful. I know people who are customers of Bell and KooDo who have ordered this same device (after I ordered mine) and they have them already, so what's going on Fido? If you value your customers, please treat us like you do and provide us with the information we are looking for.

cosadolce

I share your displeasure with Fido, who I used to love.  I have been a customer with Fido since they started their business. They also continuosly offer me an "awesome" deal that would essentially take more money from me for more data that I won't use. My husband who has been with them for less time pays less for more data. And they are currently offering the same data amount for less money to new customers.  I've also ordered an iphone from them and have had no communication from them to let me know that my order has been delayed. I've reached out twice.  The first time, I was told someone would reach out to me and 3 weeks later, nothing so I contacted them again.  I spent 2 hours with that agent and we resolved absolutely nothing.  He even tried to offer me  an "awesome deal" of less data for the same thing I'm paying now but with a $5 discount for 12 months. It is absolutely disgusting that this behaviour is acceptable.  CSR's at Fido used to have much more leeway but it seems Fido has tied their hands and I suspect that all mobile providers have collectively agreed on their pricing.  Try switching and not one provider will give you a better deal. Everything is geared towards getting more and more money from you. Fido, shame on you for using a dog as your mascot. Loyalty is not one of your qualities.

We definitely appreciate and we agree that you shouldn't have to be kept in the dark regarding your device's status. 

On our end, it can also be difficult to have a clear timeline for when you should get your device, since they are in fact, out of stock.

Feel free to contact us over these methods to see if we can provide with a clearer estimation.