cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WITH FIDO

MelvinChoi8
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

On May 9, 2022 at night, via Fido My Account, I found an exclusive offer specially for my phone (#604 72x xxxx).
From the apps, there was a side by side comparison between the plan I am using and the plan Fide offering.

I didn't see any other condition will apply if I change my plan. I clicked "continue" trying to see more details. In stead of more details, I found my phone plan was ended up changing to the new plan already.

That's ok, as the new plan did offering a better deal.

An hour later, I received a Fido Account Change Confirmation (#A1B5C2D7E0F5G3H8xxxx) email. The email confirming not only the change of my phone plan AND also removing 2 discounts ($10 & $5) from my account which were given to me since I used the Fido service in Sept 2021.

As I only agreed to change the phone plan but NOT AGREED to give up my discounts. I immediate reply to the email that I AM NOT AGREED TO THE CHANGE.

The next morning (May 10) at around 08:45 am, I called the Fido customer service (1866 888 3436). I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the customer service. I didn't have my problem solved.
I was told by the customer service that the problem was caused by my careless decision to changed my plan on line. I should always asked the customer service first before change anything on line.

WHAT IS THE REASON FOR FIDO ENCOURAGE CUSTOMERS TO SHOP ON LINE ?
IS THAT BECAUSE FIDO WANT TO TRAP STUPID CUSTOMERS MAKING STUPID DECISION ?

The customer service told me that I cannot reverse my plan to the previous one and get the discounts back. Then I request for a new $5 - 10 discount but also refused. The reason is I already have a very good deal on my plan.

Does that mean when Fido customers having good plans then they do not deserve to have another discount?

In Canada, if I buy something, after using it and / or didn't like it, I can usually allow to get a refund or by returning it.

My experience with Fido this time is, I shopped on line and found something was wrong immediately. Even though I didn't use it at all, "SORRY, NO EXCHANGE, NO RETURN AND NO REFUND" because it was my choice to shop on line.

Thank you for the service provided by Fido Customer Service.

Also, thank you for the lesson given by Fido for shopping on line with Fido.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @MelvinChoi8! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel when using our online tools!

We'll be happy to review this with you. To get started, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to help you.