cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections, Paid but not updated on credit bureau

bluelady08
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So, I had an outstanding balance of around $2000 last 2019. I did have difficulties around that time as I was in busy school and barely made anything from my job. 
A collection agency named CBV Collections under TPH legal services had threatened me to get everything I had if I do not make the payment. I was scared and did not know what else to do. Fast forward to 2021, I was able to pay this collection agency with the same amount as I owed to FIDO. They did give me a release letter and that they will report this update to the credit bureau and to FIDO.

Moving forward now, I have re-checked my TransUnion and Equifax to see how my credit is. My FIDO still has an owing balance. I tried disputing it and they said my file is accurate and nothing has been amendend. I am messaging my collection agency as to why it has not been updated to settled. They have not answered my calls yet. I am still trying to contact FIDO.

anyone had this experience and what else should I do regarding this matter? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @bluelady08! I hope you're doing well. 🙂

Has there been any update since your last post? If not, you can reach out to our credit operations department for support with this. They can be reached at 1-888-288-2106 and they'll be happy to help you with that.

I hope this helps!