Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental Controls

mhzaqout
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

Would you be so kind and show me by video how can I schedule time for my kids to access the home internet?

Regards, 

15 REPLIES 15

Oscarin
I'm a participant level 3

Does Fido still don't have an app to manage the modem???   If that is the case why it doesn't allow to use the manufacturers app?  

First post about this problem is 5 years old, still not solved.

Hey @Oscarin, if you need assistance, please reach out to us via one of our contact methods which you can find here

walidkerami

How do I control my internet wifi for my kids

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mhzaqout!

Although we can't show you by video, I can definitely guide you on how to do this! Smiley 

To set up parental controls, you must first access the modem. To do this:

Launch a web browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 to access your modem settings:

• Username: cusadmin (default)
  • Password: password (This is the default - if you used Fido Easy Connect previously the password here will be the same as your Wi-Fi network password.)

From there, on the top, click on the "security" tab as shown below:

From that tab, you'll be able to access the modem's parental control settings. You can block the internet during certain days or certain times of day and you can also filter out words from being searched Smiley

I hope that helps! If you have other questions, let us know!

mrsbogz
I'm a participant level 2

Will this affect all members of the house? I need to be able to do my work from home and require the internet to do this. I want to block internet access to my children for periods of time without losing access for myself for work. Is this possible?

Hey @mrsbogz!

Do you see a Device Filter tab under the Security or Parental Control tabs? You can find out how to get there in the accepted solution of this thread. 

mrsbogz

I don't see tabs or accepted solutions... is it different for a mobile view?

Hey @mrsbogz! Welcome to the community. Smiley

Can you share a screenshot of what you see please?

Are you able to see the security tab?

AMahmood

I am new to Fido Home Internet. Do we have a Parental Control feature? If not, is there any suggestion.

Thank you.

Hey @AMahmood

Welcome to our community and to Fido, happy to have you! Smiley

I moved your post to this thread where you'll be able to find more info in the solution above.

Hope it helps and let us know if you need anything else!

wilben1

thanks

Sumz

Hi,

Thanks for the info

I was able to get through the pages and get to manage devices.

however when i put the manage devices rules and add the devices to 'block listed' it still did not block them.

Also when i went to keyword filter and added url www.youtube.com and setup the manage tab, it still keeps opening the youtube.

Can you please help and advice what am i missing.

I tried calling the Fido call support and after a long wait the person on other side said that Fido does not offer parental control. Is that correct? This was the only reason i switched.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

@Sumz

I looked into it with our support team and we were able to confirm that it should work.

The reason why it may not be working on your end could be related to the Time Zone that is set by default to London. This would trigger a Time Zone delay.

Can you make sure that you have the right Time Zone to see if you get a better result?

ssdfa

I updated the time. entered a keyword to block but it still does not block it.

Hey there @ssdfa. We don't offer parental control as part of our home internet services. But you can configure your modem to restrict internet access. If you need assistance on how to proceed with this you can contact our internet technical support. You can reach them via live chat here