cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet outage in Ottawa

lmt11
I'm a participant level 1

2 questions, when can I expect the service to be restored in K0A- it's been out since last Saturday and since I don't have internet how is it that my account shows usage for the last 5 days?

3 REPLIES 3

Bennylava

I am in the K1H area and have not had home internet service since the storm.  I have contacted technical support three times with no ETA on restoration nor any indication what level of repair is involved at this point. I find this response unacceptable given that we need to plan if this is a major outage as some of us need internet for work. I have already burned through 50GB of wireless data thinking that internet would be restored at around the same time as power which was restored five days ago.  Without any information, my assumption is that either a)Rogers has not prioritized resources to adequately fix the problem or b) the infrastructure is so fragile that restoration requires a major overhaul of the local system.  I am frustrated that Fido and Rogers have not gone that extra mile to help any of their customers in this challenging time. 

Hello Bennylava,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it must be frustrating to be without services for this long after the storm. However, your assumptions are not warranted. Without knowing the full extent of any damages, it's easy to make unsubstantiated assumptions. However, it is also not fair to state:

@Bennylava wrote:

.... Fido and Rogers have not gone that extra mile to help any of their customers in this challenging time. 

The damage was more extensive than people think. Some areas are still without power. I'm sure everyone concerned has gone that extra mile and even moreso trying to restore services.

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello lmt11,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing service issues. You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not be able to provide the information requested.

You might consider contacting the technical support team. They may be able to provide more information. However, if your service outage is related to the recent storm, they may not have any information to provide. The storm left extensive damage in its path and restoration of services would be complex and determined by a multitude of factors. I understand people of frustrated without any estimated times of restoration. However, it may just not be possible to determine an ETR.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers