cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet Modem Return

Hatred
I'm a participant level 1

I took over another persons Fido internet account for 4 months before cancelling due to a move.

I called to cancel because there is no way to cancel online. (I hate this)

The next day I went to a Canada Post office with the email to print a prepaid shipping label.

I would have preferred to return it in person but was told that no Fido stores would accept. (I hate this)

I packaged the internet equipment with the printed label and handed it over to the post office worker to be shipped back to Fido.

When cleaning out my car I threw out the confirmation receipt from Canada Post.

3 weeks later I am receiving emails from Fido urging me to return what I have already handed over to Canada Post. 

The tracking number provided in the Fido emails has no information. 

If I am charged the unreturned equipment fee I will have eternal hatred towards Fido.

2 REPLIES 2

Meguridhiman

My experience: Bad, overcharged, told the issue was resolved while still receiving updates of not being resolved. 
Honestly, fido is the worst provider for that. 
I too canceled my home internet accounts and after 4 months, now I’m receiving bill and charges for what I've returned 4 months back. Luckily I kept the receipt as told by the canada post lady. 
Even though, customer service was helping me but I was in constant loop almost every day while I had the service. Be it the charges, date of initialisation or anything they overcharged and screwed me every time. 
It wasn't like I bought the service, but fido bought me to be on chat or calls with their reps to talk about issues every time. They tell you a different charge then what you'll see on the bill after a few months. 
Eventually things were resolved, but at the cost of my mental pressure and the time I invested. 
Being a 3 year customer of fido mobile service, which too screwed me everytime I feels like no more fido. 

FidoKenny

Hello @Hatred

Thank you for sharing what happened to you here. Your experience with us is a priority and we definitely want the modem return to go as smoothly as possible on your side.

Due to Covid-19, the return of the modem in a store is not available for now.

Based on what you explained, you went with the courier method in which we send you a Canada-Post label for the return.

With that notification you received, I invite you to contact us to verify the status of your return. You can find all the ways to reach us here.