5 extra hours activation

5 extra hours activation

5 extra hours activation

mathurina
I'm a Contributor Level 1

5 extra hours activation

Have 4 phones on the same account. Don't want to give access to the account to my kids so they can do unauthorized changes. Is there another way to activate Fido 5hours extra without using the app?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
mathurina
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Great thanks. But I notice they seem to have accessed to add extra data for the month. Will that go through or will it ask for account holder's permission at some point?

Hello again,

I would assume that adding data would be considered making a change to the account.  However, you might consider contacting customer service to verify whether adding data can be done by a subscriber account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Mathurina,

I think your kids should be able to access their own Data Bytes via My Account. When they register for My Account, they would need to select the option: Not the account holder? Continue with mobile number. Registering as a subscriber would provide access to the line's details and Data Bytes but not allow access to full account details (ie billing details). Each child would need to register for their own My Account access.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @mathurina I totally understand that you don't want to give up the control of your account to the kids. The only way to activate the 5 free hours is through the app.