10GB for $60/mo promotion

I'm a Participant Level 1 gardinerh
I'm a Participant Level 1

10GB for $60/mo promotion

I'm already a fido customer but I've heard I can still get access to this plan.  However, I can't get through to anyone and I only get an error message when I try to do it online.  It also doesn't offer me the deal as an existing customer? 

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion

Hey,

After waiting almost 2 hours to talk to a rep, and another 2 actually switching, I’ll save you, and anybody else reading this post the hastle of waiting.

As an existing customer, you are eligible to receive the promotion as well. However, if you are currently locked in a contract with Fido, you will have to pay penalty for the remaining months you have left on it, and then resign for a new contract for 24 months. The contract will not expire after the 2 years, therefore you will have this plan as long as you are with Fido for this price for unlimited amount of time.

But the $60 price will only apply if you bring your own phone, so if you want to upgrade your hardware (cellphone), you will be paying more for the 2 year duration (ex. Instead of $60 you might be paying $80 or $100 depending on the price of the new phone + a one time $25 administrative charge fee) over the same period, or just buy the phone yourself, and leave the plan at $60.

If you switch online, it will show up only as 5GB of data and not 10GB, the other 5GB will be added to the account on the next billing cycle (that’s why a lot of people complain that they can only see 5, when the promotion says 10). 

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 19
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Hello @gardinerh,

Welcome to the community!

You can get the deal from this page here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 19
I'm a Participant Level 2 Verinica123
I'm a Participant Level 2
Solution

Hey,

After waiting almost 2 hours to talk to a rep, and another 2 actually switching, I’ll save you, and anybody else reading this post the hastle of waiting.

As an existing customer, you are eligible to receive the promotion as well. However, if you are currently locked in a contract with Fido, you will have to pay penalty for the remaining months you have left on it, and then resign for a new contract for 24 months. The contract will not expire after the 2 years, therefore you will have this plan as long as you are with Fido for this price for unlimited amount of time.

But the $60 price will only apply if you bring your own phone, so if you want to upgrade your hardware (cellphone), you will be paying more for the 2 year duration (ex. Instead of $60 you might be paying $80 or $100 depending on the price of the new phone + a one time $25 administrative charge fee) over the same period, or just buy the phone yourself, and leave the plan at $60.

If you switch online, it will show up only as 5GB of data and not 10GB, the other 5GB will be added to the account on the next billing cycle (that’s why a lot of people complain that they can only see 5, when the promotion says 10). 

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 19
I'm a Participant Level 3 TeflonHuey
I'm a Participant Level 3

I was trying to get this today as I do qaulify but the store could not get through to the FIDO office,I could not get through by phone and the website ran me in circles and would not allow me to get the plan, that was a waste of a few hours.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 19

Well, here I am again and I cannot reach FIDO again. If anyone else figures out how to reach them please post it as I have been unable.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 19

I finally got through! And I got a message that they were too busy to take my call. But I have no contract and own my own phone so I have options, if all it takes is a sale to shut this company down they have problems.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 19
I'm a Participant Level 1 kevinwilliamsso

Guys i've called and been hold for 35 MIN, when i do get through its an french speaking person. I clearly stated in the call directory that i spoke english. Now the representantive said they will transfer me when to the english line, but hanged up. For a big company like this i been with for 10 years paying 100$ month is **bleep** service, and i will definitely be canceling with them to go with bell. Please like so we can get these criminals out of bussiness. 

Kevin Williams

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Tracey1

I am on the same plan and have been trying to get a hold of them for 2 **bleep**ING DAYS now! 

COULDN'T DO IT ONLINE because it doesn't give me the option to. The website sucks! Ive been with FIDO for 11 years. It is ridiculous that new customers who are switching to Fido are getting the deal and the existing customers who have been loyal to FIDO have to go thru this **bleep**.

I waited for 2.5 hours yesterday listening to all their waiting music and got thru to a REP only to find out the person HUNG UP on me. I called at 8AM today (when FIDO customer service is supposed to be open) and was put on hold for 54 mins and they got disconnected. Been trying to call them 20x now and they keep dropping my call.

WTF 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 19

I finally figured out how to fix it, I changed carriers. Took an hour I now have the $60 package. Solved.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 19
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hey everyone this tread was really helpful it seems I have the 10Gb plan now following verifying here you choose the 5Gb before it the end of December 19. You can upgrade your plan if on Pulse! I was Fido customer who did not change my plan after having completed my contract I was on a no term Pulse plan. I used the my account change your plan. There are several mess up on login looping out several Japanese borders and refresh before you actually in once you get on changing your plan like Gardwrnerh says the contract does not provide any details about the promotion ..they expect you to click anyway without certainty and you can't get info dialing 611 automatically hangs up on you right great customer service huh! Go get it cause they will  make sure to make it so complicated to avoid havingnthe.promo they advertise. They change the site look everyday to confuse you even more makes it SO confusing. (Keep screenshots and copy cause Fido don't send you contract copy by email either) I suggest you to choose mail my contract! As email did.not work for me. The only way I knew my plan change was by refreshing app my account.

Thankgoodness for your fellow forumers and merry Christmas to all Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 14 in conversation