cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple’s iPhone X Put Through Extreme Water Test

jlits
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

YouTuber:EverthingApplePro has released a new video where a brand-new iPhone X is put through an extreme water test.

The first test conducted sees the iPhone X sitting in 1 metre of water for 30 minutes, which is Apple’s rating for the device. As expected, the device does survive and it remains fully functional.

Next, the iPhone X is placed in a basket and thrown 20 feet (6.1 metres) into a river. The device stays at this depth for a total of 5 minutes and survives.

Finally, Apple’s latest flagship smartphone was thrown into a washing machine for a full rinse cycle. This acted as a durability test as much as a water test. To the YouTuber’s surprise, the device came out fully functional after all of these tests.

Apple’s iPhone X clearly is the best iPhone the company has ever built. Owners of the device can be reassured that even if your device falls into a pool or gets wet, everything will most likely be fine.

Check out the link: iPhone X Water Test

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

These tests are great and they only show what happens when you conduct the test using a new phone.  What about a phone that had been put in service for 1 year?  What about 2 years?

Furthremore, the tests are not really representative of typical real life situations. 

Example 1: What happens when someone drops an iphone into the toilet containing contaminated water and soils? 

Example 2: What happens when you drop the phone into a puddle of dirty water in a pothole? 

Will the phone survive the above testing after it has been in service for 1 year? That's the question many wants to konw.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

While the extreme water test is impressive, it should be noted that the iPhone X is only water resistant and not waterproof. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers