cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUAWEI obsolete?

ayrdale
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have never used this forum but I have a question. 

I just upgraded my phone 6 mths ago to a Huawei P10. With all that is going on with that company is there a chance that my phone could be made obsolete? I am not sure if that is the word I want to use but I would hate to have 18 mths of a contract with a banned phone? 

3 REPLIES 3

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

hi

make sure the p10 in unlocked via fido customer service . 

in terms of the brand. no worries. unless you work for the USA government . 

if Canada bans Huawei then their competitors will be in deep dodo as their 5g is using Huawei. while Roger's is not

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

The real problem isn't that the phone will be obsolete as it'll continue to be supported by Fido and receive security patches at least for the foreseeable future. The real problem is no updates to the newer Google OS, so you'll never get Android Q this year. The value of the phone is in the toilet with the bad publicity too. Huawei P30 Pro is being taken in on trade for less than 20% of its retail price. That is the worst part of the whole fiasco. 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ayrdale

There is no plan to ban any phone from our network at this time. 

While there have been different rumors about the phones, we're confident that the Huawei phones are fully secured and that your information is safe. That's why we still offer them. Smiley 

Hope that helps!