Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20, dumb question

Jewlee121
I'm a contributor level 1

Stupid question alert... Confused

My P20 just showed up..  I peeled the film off both back/front (yay me!) but there's a plastic piece still on the screen that I'm unsure if I should try to pick off or not?  I sit here staring at all my other phones (LG, Samsung), none of them have a raised plastic thingy on the screen, and it's definitely not another filmy piece.  Built-in screen protector maybe?  I don't love it.   (I'll probably get a paper cut from it! Speechless )  I thought maybe it did come off because it looked as if someone had already tried to pick a corner near the home button.  Hmmmm...   Anyhoo, thanks if anyone out there has any idea what I'm talking about and can say either "Rip it off!"  or "NOOO! Leave it alone!!"

6 REPLIES 6

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey  @Jewlee121

Welcome to the Community Smiley .

Would you be able to include a photo so we get a better idea ? 

Thanks!

Jewlee121

Eeek... ok, I can try.  Just wonder if this was supposed to be on the phone, or if someone put a screen protector on, then returned it?  When I Googled "Huawei P20 screen",  I definitely don't see this.  The screens looks flat/smooth.  

** After I posted this, I was scrolling thru other questions and someone had posted about preinstalled 'screen savers' (screen protector).  Soooo now I'm thinking it's probaby a permanent fixture.   Is this standard on all phones now?  If I dislike this so much and return, am I very likely get receive another one with the exact same thing on it?  It only really bothers me because I've noticed it affects the touch sensitivity.  (That's how I noticed it on there in the first place, I thought it was a leftover piece of shipping film.) 

20181031_221135.jpg

Thanks for the photo @Jewlee121 !

The Huawei P20 does come with a Factory Screen Protector.

It is possible to remove it manually but it can affect your screen protection

Don't hesitate to contact Huawei for any questions towards this protector Smiley

Jewlee121

Thanks Charles,  I just picked the corner that looked like it had already been picked at and it came right off.  (Thought it was going to be hard plastic or 'glued on'.  It was just a thicker, stickier piece of plastic.)  Smiley 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Not quite sure why you'd remove the screen protector  The vast majority of smartphone users go out and pay for one but Huawei included one with the device. I guess you can't please anyone nowadays. Did you think Huawei included it to perhaps protect your screen from scratches? It's not gorilla glass on the P20 Pro by the way  You may end up with scratches on the actual screen instead of the screen protector  

Hey @Jewlee121

Valeska here taking over Smiley 

We're happy to read that you were able to remove the plastic from the screen. 

Have a lovely evening!