cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished phone delivered instead of new one

Bregalon
I'm a participant level 3

On Oct !0/2018 I purchased a Samsung A5 New phone. It arrived a day ago and upon opening the box I

noticed that the phone had a Screen saver installed on the device, I called customer setvice inwhich the 

agent agreed that the phone was a refurbished or used and returned to Fido. I purchased this phone thinking it was new but returned in back to Fido after finding out that is was anything but new.I have been a customer of Rogers since the 80s and find this unacceptable Buyer Beware !!

5 REPLIES 5

Bregalon

Just to let people know that Fido is a stand-up company with the help of FidoThomas and FidoPhillip and

Mike in Customer service they looked after me in a big way with a quick exchange and a very happy customer, 

Thank you all you guys who assisted me with this issue. Thank-you Bregalon

glussier
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I don't think the the screen protector is an indication of a refurbished device. My own A5 and the ones of 3 of my friends, had a screen protector installed.

Bregalon

With all due respect phone companies sell screen savers they dont install them prior

to shipment, besides fido know the history of the phone. Do You ?? I have been buying

new phones for years never did one come with a screen saver, Fido is in business to sell them.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Don't be so hasty with that know it all attitude  My Huawei P20 Pro came with a screen saver pre-installed and they all come that way. It's not unheard of to have a screen saver from the factory. 

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Bregalon!

I can certainly understand your frustration there. You purchased a new phone and expected to get a new phone.

I'd certainly be willing to do my best to hear you out and help you, if you like. I'll send you a PM if affirmative. Smiley

Let me know!

P.S.: I edited your title as it went against our commenting policy.