cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone XS Max pre-order/reservation

Biggy204
I'm a contributor level 2

Im just wondering if I reserve/preorder the iPhone XS Max 256GB version tomorrow do I have to pay for it up fromt or when the phone releases? As I want to use my Cash Back credit I got from my Fido Master Card towards the phone.

or is the phone for term contracts only? As I am wanting to get it outright.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Biggy204

There is a one time deposit for the reservation which is then refunded when you pick up the device. You can find more details here. And since you wish to purchase the phone at full price on a BYOP plan, the up front cost will be charged at the store when you pick up your equipment Smiley

Hope this clarifies.

Biggy204

Oh okay, thanks.

one more question, is my “plus 15” plan still considered as a medium plan (was told this a few months ago or so)? As I noticed the phone has a medium plan 2 year term pricing unlike the iPhone X previously when it was just the Large and Extra Large plans that got the 2 year term pricing. Because I might just do an early hardware upgrade and renew my term.

There is indeed a subsidy price with Medium plans for the new models Smiley 

If your plan is labelled as Plus 15 it would count as a Medium plan. 

Once at the store, you would be able to perform the upgrade there. Smiley Everything you need to do regarding the upgrade can be done there. They should know as well the correct price plan category. 

Sounds good? Smiley 

Biggy204

Oh okay cool 😃

i may just do the early hup as I only have about 3 months left in my contract. I was about to do the no term purchase, since the iPhone X never had a medium subsidy before, so I was afraid that these newly announced iPhones would be the same. Til I noticed the plan subsidy’s, which included the medium plans. I already did my pre order, so would they just adjust all that at the fido store when I go pick it up? And would the in store fido employees know my plan 15 is a medium plan?