Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking issue

D_Rohit
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, 

I'm using Samsung s7 edge, originally it was unlocked phone when I was using it on Fido, my phone suddenly had booting issue so it was given to Samsung under warranty and they changed the board and again I started using it with my fido sim with no issues.

Now I discovered that my phone is locked with fido, other sim wont work, I had a chat with fido customer care and they asked for imei number and gave me unlock code for my phone but that code is not working, anyone knows what the issue is and how to solve it?

thanks,

Rohit

8 REPLIES 8

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

hi

your unlock code does not work due to the following guesses of mine:

i assume that the phone is fully charged, and you have an non Rogers (Fido/Chatr) sim card, i.e. use an Bell/Virgin mobile/Telus/Koodo sim card

1: the code was for the incorrect imei {what i mean is that your mobile phone imei does not match the unlock code} (mobile phone serial that is different than your mobile phone)

for example, Samsung changed the mobile phone main board, this means the imei is different from the original imei. use the *#06# get the imei, see if it matches to the one on your original box/ Fido database.

2: the code was already entered incorrectly into your mobile phone (if the code is entered wrong more then 5 times thus nothing can unlock it)

D_Rohit

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply guys Smiley

Yes I tried with non Rogers network sim (Bell and Airtel)

My phone board was changed but imei number is still same (I'm sure samsung set that to original number on new board)

Yes, I have tried unlocking multiple times with old unlock code and new code got from fido so it's definitely more than 5 tries not in a series but after changing multiple sim 

~Rohit

@D_Rohit I would suggest you contact Samsung and let them know they returned your unlocked phone locked to Fido and have them fix it since they relocked the phone when they changed the motherboard.

D_Rohit

Ya will contact them, thanks for suggestions Smiley

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

since in Canada , it is free unlock, i am sure that Samsung will unlock it for you, or give you an other device,

remember to backup all your stuff, in case, you change your samsung to another.

D_Rohit

and DONE Very_Happy

I called 1800-SAMSUNG number and they gave me a master code after entering that it accepted the network unlock code got from Fido 

thanks help everyone Very_Happy

@D_Rohit its most likely you have a new imei number because the mainboard was changed if Samsung did it then you should contact them to have the phone unlocked because if the imei is not in Fido's database they will not be able to generate the unlock code for the new imei.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @D_Rohit

Welcome to the community Smiley

That's pretty odd.  Maybe you got the wrong unlock code.  I'll send you a PM so that we can take a look at this together!