Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot my PIN to access my New Samsung Galaxy A5

Pierre107
I'm a participant level 2

Hi There,

I recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy A5. I set up a pin code to access the device (with no sim card in it). Didn't have time to transfer my data to this new phone. A couple of weeks later, I want to now transfer the data, I can't remember the dem pin.

Please help me out here with options/tips on how to unlock the phone.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Pierre107!

Were you able to get into your phone in the end? What worked?

It'd help out the Community to know if FidoCharles' suggestions helped! 

Pierre107

Hey Amanda, Charles,

My aplologies for my super late response to your messages. Was juggling back and forth between the U.S. & Canada for work, and did not have the time to read and reply to my emails/messages.

Well, what Charles suggested in response to my Samsung's PIN issue was the right thing to do. Though I didn't know the steps to hard resset the phone, I called the CS last night and got help with the steps. I am now all set, the phone is up running well!

I wrote down the steps on a piece of paper at home. Will share it here later as this might be helpful to people in the community with similar problems on a Samsung/Android phone...

Thank you guys again for your concerns and help on this. I appreciate the follow up from Amanda.

That's awesome news @Pierre107

Thanks for sharing Very_Happy

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Pierre107 

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have an emergency password? It should offer you the option directly or after entering the PIN incorrectly several times.

If not, you might have to hard reset the device to start over

Let us know if anything! Smiley