Apple Watch Series 3

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Anshu29
I'm a Participant Level 1

Apple Watch Series 3

When will fido support Apple Watch 3? Bell and Telus both do it!

Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Watch Series 3

Hi @Anshu29,

Welcome to Community Smiley

We have no information to share on that end at this time. Sorry! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hi @Anshu29,

Welcome to Community Smiley

We have no information to share on that end at this time. Sorry! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 17
I'm a Participant Level 2 slavoie
I'm a Participant Level 2

I would also be added to a list to be updated on the Apple Watch LTE and or anything related to that technology for Android phones too!  Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 17
I'm a Contributor Level 1 kris2k
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Do we have any updates since?  Because october/november is when I plan to get an LTE Watch + refresh my iphone, and that's the time where I'll be deciding if I have to change carriers or not. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 17

Hey @kris2k,

This is still something we look at as we build system functionality to support this technology.

We really wouldn't want to see you go!  Did you know that can buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido? You’ll be able to pair with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. You can check the most recent compatibility on apple.com/watch.

Also, using any Apple Watch by connecting it through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi allows you to enjoy its most popular functionalities (e.g. GPS, heart rate sensor, health apps, etc.)? Apart from the cellular capabilities, both versions have almost the exact same features. The ceramic back and the capacities are different. Features that need a cellular connection, like call or text, still work on any Apple Watch. You just need to connect it to an iPhone close by through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

We'll share more with the Community as soon as we have more details.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 17

I know Happy

But by moving towards an LTE Watch; it allows me to consolidate 3 iOS devices into two.

Essentially; moving from smartphone to phablet, I get to rid my iPad mini (with lte) as everyday reading/surfing on-the-go work device, but I get inconveined with a device that doesn’t always fit well in my pocket on weekends.

To offset, this is where the watch with LTE gains attraction, permitting me to leave the phone device behind when I don’t need it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 17

We hear you @kris2k

We'll update this thread as soon as we have more info on that. 

Stay tuned Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 17
I'm a Contributor Level 1 mzvib

Just want to add my voice to those wondering where Apple Watch LTE support is?  I've been with Fido for many, many years (even before it was Fido) even through the rebranding and marketing campaigns that look like you're only interested in customers who are between 21 and 29 years old, and I'm responsible for many other people signing up.  I've generally been happy I stayed, as Rogers/Fido has always been the first to support new technologies like the iPhone, VoLTE, visual voicemail, etc. When iPhone first came to Canada, Rogers/Fido was the first to offer it and the first to offer a serious data plan.

So it's a little baffling and frustrating that you are the only nationwide carrier not supporting Apple Watch LTE.  With new models expected this fall, I hope to see that change. You need to offer a Watch add-on for no more than $5-$7 a month allowing the watch to share the phone's data bucket.  (Technologically it has to share the same phone number, so this only makes sense.)  Otherwise staying with Fido will get a little less attractive for me and I'm sure many others.

I know Fido reps in this forum can't give out any info about future plans, but I'm hoping that last "stay tuned" comment is cause for optimism.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 17

Hey @mzvib

Thank you so much for your loyalty and your support!

We certainly understand the importance of this option and I assure you that we are working accordingly to improve our services every day. We will keep you updated  of any changes, if any.

As an alternative, as my colleague mentioned, you'll definitively be able to buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido. It can be paired with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network.

Check out the most recent compatibility here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 17

But like MzVib mentionned; this service omission + lack of roadmap visibility will cost client departures.

I’m also a 15+ year subscriber, and right now, this is a meaningful deal breaker.

I just may as well concede to my company’s corporate mobile plan and find the service offering I want. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 11 in conversation