cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages!

Sarahb87
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

230 REPLIES 230

MichaelJ07

I am having the same issue and have been for awhile. I only got my phone (LGG5) 3 months ago and from the looks of this forum this issue has been known about since the LG G5 came out. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting with your store staff as well as your tech support. I'm not going to send my phone in for repairs basicly because I've read alot stories about people doing that and not one has said that it fixed the issue, in fact they all said it didn't. I would appreciate it if you could help me resolve this issue with my phone (without making me run in circles) or if it is easier, replace my LGG5 with a different phone and different brand of equal value. 

Thank you.

What phone are you using?

- LG G5.

Is it a Fido phone?

- Yes.

What is the Android version?

Do you use a third party text message application or the one built in the phone?

- I have the one built into the phone.

Can you check out the storage space you have left?

- 9GB is available.

Hey @MichaelJ07

Thank you for all of these details, I'll send you a PM so we can check this out together. 

MichaelJ07

I'm haveming the same problem on my lgg5. Some msgs come through but others don't (from the same contact). So far this is happening with 3 of my contacts that I know of. Any help would be great, thanks. 

creoledude
I'm a participant level 1

I am experiencing the same problem.....I am missing some texts that have been sent to me....please help.

Welcome to the Community @creoledude!

Can you answer the following questions:

-What phone are you using?

-Is it a Fido phone?

-What is the OS running on it?

-Do you use a third party text message application or the one built in the phone?

-Can you check out the storage space you have left?

Chris2105

A Fido agent posted that there's a LGG5 SMS app update that should fix the problem of randomly not receiving texts. Does anyone know how to get this update? Thanks.

Hey @Chris2105 and welcome to our Community Smiley

I've moved your post here, along with the existing thread.

You should be able to get the update for the default messaging app by following these steps:

1. Open Settings
2. Select “General” tab on the settings screen.
3. Scroll down and select “About Phone”.
4. Select “Update center”. (Update Center shows the number of available software and App updates)
5. Select “App Updates”. (App Updates shows the number of available App updates)
6. Messaging update should show up under “APPS TO UPDATE.”

Tell us how it goes!

Chris2105

The LGg5 phone says it's already downloaded an update to the default SMS app. Nothing left to update and am still missing texts. Very frustrating!

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Chris2105!

I'm sending you a PM so we can take a closer look.

Talk to you soon Smiley 

Hey @MichaelJ07,

Just a heads up that we have sent you a PM to look into this with you Smiley

Alexis10

I am having the same problem here. Lg G5 as well

Hey @Alexis10,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We'll send you a PM shortly so we can check this out! 

Talk to you soon.

laureniafr80

I've been having the same issue with my LG G5 for the past few months. Again, I'm not receiving most of my text messages from different phones and different carriers. I called Fido a couple of times and they weren't able to give me an explaination or any helpful tips to fix the problem.

I've always had an Android so it has nothing to do with switching from an iPhone. My previous phone was a Nexus and I never experienced any issues.

Thanks for confirming @laureniafr80

I'm sending a PM your way so we can take a look at that together. 

Talk to you soon Smiley 

Hey @laureniafr80

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Can you confirm that you have the version 5.30.47.2 of the Messaging app? 

If that's the case, I'd be happy to send you a PM so we can dig in further and see how we can help with that. 

Let me know! 

laureniafr80

Yes, that's the version I have

rnayyar

I have been missing texts now for about 3 months and just recently realized it when I found out I am losing important messages.  Very stressful and in my case I am losing customers for my business.  Contacted Fido and they walked me through a bunch of steps.  No difference.  They told me about the LG update coming soon.  Reading everyone else's experience with this update, I realize that it hasn't changed anything.  LG is willing to take the phone back but they say they have not even heard of this problem.  Doesn't sound promising.  Fido should resolve this problem asap because I have paid them for both the phone and the service.

Hello @rnayyar,

Welcome to the community!

The problem is not with your phone, I have a Nexus 6P (Huawei) and a Samsung Galaxy S6 and i've experience the problem on both phones.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Diane908,

Thanks for checking that on your side and letting us know!

Just to make sure though, you're still not receiving some text messages through the default messaging app or rather through a 3rd party application?

Diane908
I'm a contributor level 1

I'm using the default messaging.

Birds138

Very frustrated.  I am setup for automatic updateson my phone and still have major issues with my messaging.  Yes I am using the default app.  Our local store moved 2 weeks ago, literally a week after i bought this phone.  And they never informed me that there were issues with this phone and messaging, even when I said that i use my phone mainly for texting.  What solution is Fido offering?  I am very annoyed at this point and want to pull my service!!!