cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Tekovince
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there... I had to get a new Credit Card number a few months ago, and Fido charges me yearly for my phone plan. The charge was supposed to go through last night but it didn't since my old credit card is no longer valid.

So I go to the Manage Credit Card page in my account, enter all of the info for my new credit card, and click Continue.

At this point all I get is a message at the top of the page. 
Oops!
That doesn’t seem to be working.!

Tried different browsers.

Oops!

Tried re-typing in my billing address
Oops!

Re-verified my card number and cvv code at least 10 times
Oops!

Purchased something on eBay with the same credit card
Success!
Tried card on Fido.ca again
Oops!

What isn't working? Is it blocked because the transaction didn't finish processing? Is the website down for maintenance? Is the credit card validation system down? Are the Fido heardquarters being attacked by a giant Stay Puft marshmallow man? Can we get more descriptive error messages?!

75 REPLIES 75

madmick707
I'm a participant level 1

It is a very simple low handed business practice.  You cant update a card online.  I have complained to Fido online, in email. on social media and they all play same tune and tell the same lie.  The plan is that you call them and they put you straight on to a salesperson who will keep you on for an age trying to hard sell you a more expensive plan. Just go elsewhere.

b_q
I'm a participant level 2

PLEASE FIX THIS. Send the techs after it, get the your banks in on it!

I have tried 3 cards, over months. The online form just simply does not work.

Its 2021, no one wants to use a phone to go throgh some menu to deal with this!

FIX IT

asdfasdf123123

Having the same issue - not only is it super convoluted to find the link to update my payment method (buried deep in the UI pages), but breaks for Chrome completely and doesn't accept any security codes on Firefox.  A pain in the **bleep** every time my credit card needs to be updated.  Ugh.

b_q

@asdfasdf123123did you have to use (the now defunct) Internet Explorer?

Thank you for taking the time to explain the issue, @asdfasdf123123 Smiley

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with that!

Does the name and address on the account match the info for the credit card?  

Have you also tried to update it through the IVR?

jcoles
I'm a contributor level 1

Well, Tekovince, I'm having exactly the same issue four years later. They never listen or fix anything. If they won't take our money, we should take our business elsewhere.

Hi @jcoles

Do you also have a prepaid account?

jcoles

Yes. It's a prepaid account.

I was eventually able to solve my problem.

My advice to others having difficulty with the awful website: call 611 on your Fido phone.

Through 611 I was able to update the credit card information and buy more airtime, no problems.

deguchi76

Four years later, here we are in 2021, and Fido still hasn't fixed this. Luckly for me I could still use the current card, although I wanted to use a new one.

Hey there @deguchi76 and welcome to the Community!

Here are some information for when you want to register, remove a credit card or modify credit card expiry details for prepaid accounts:

• The credit card must be issued by a Canadian financial institution. We aren’t able to accept Prepaid Visa, Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard, international and third party credit cards at this time.
  • A specific credit card can’t be registered to more than 5 prepaid accounts (Fido and Rogers).
  • You must be the primary cardholder.
  • The name and address of your prepaid account must match the information registered with your credit card’s financial institution.
  • Before doing a one-time credit card refill, you must first register your credit card with Fido. You can do this by accessing the Refill Now button via the My Account Overview page, then selecting the credit card option in the One-time refill tab. This process can take up to 48 hours.

For more information, you can follow this link: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/auto-refill-prepaid?setLanguage=en

Let us know how it goes if anything!

sylvmoi

I have the exact same issues as the OP. This is ridiculous, that bug should have been fixed by now. The 611 option worked for me but I was charged 8 times $1 for each time I attempted to update my credit card number online… This is very disappointing…

Hey @sylvmoi,

I'm sorry to hear this happened. 

Feel free to reach out to us through these channels in order to look into the situation with you. Alternatively, we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

dms2k3

That really odd thing not allowing the credit card info to be updated still happens 2 years after it was odd. How long until you fix this on the website?

FidoRuth
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dms2k3,

Is it the first time it happens to you ?

Do you encounter any specific error messages when you attempt to update your credit card information ?

We would need more information in order to further assist you.

SummerTwinkle

Yes I agree with dms2k3 because it's now October 2019 and I have the exact same issue as the original poster.  My credit card is expiring November 2019.  I am trying to update the credit card and I get the same message that something is not working.  I must have tried 4 times because Roger has charged me $4 dollars on my credit card already for 31 October 2019.  And my credit card is still not updated.

I am using the same credit card as before just updating the expiry date.  This doesn't make any sense at all.  Please fix this and reverse those $4 charges.

Hey @SummerTwinkle! Philippe here. Thanks for contributing your first post. Smiley

I'll need to ask you a few questions to help you with that.

Can you clarify what method(s) you used to update the card.

As for the charges, if you're referring to the individual $1 charges on your credit card to add it to your account, those will be reversed automatically.

SummerTwinkle

Hi FidoPhilippe,

I was about to update my card today by going to my online account and clicking on "Update Card" under registered credit card, since it didn't work before and was still showing the old expiry date.  But for some reason, the card got updated today before I even actually got to clicking on update card.  I can tell it appears to be updated properly because the expiry date changed and agrees to the one on my new card.  Not sure what happened there but I'm glad it's resolved now.  And yes the charges were reversed.

I'll wait until my next billing period to see if it is going to process properly.

Thank you for your reply nevertheless. 

Kazinsky

I have the same issue. Doesn't work one the website or by phone.

The system puts my address as MONTRÉAL,PQ instread of MONTRÉAL QC

Hey @Kazinsky , welcome to the Community!

That would be correct for the address, PQ stands for Province of Quebec Smiley

Was it the reason why you were not able to update it?

Let us know if anything!

Kazinsky

Hey @FidoCharles 

But I don't get it then, both my account address and credit address should be the same but it's not letting me add the card. Is if possible that the differences in french and English conversions of the addresses are the issue?