Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victim of fraud!!

dijo_65
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have been a recent victim of fraud where someone was able to access my account and approve themselves as an authorized user. They then proceeded to upgrade my phone and take it for themselves, as well as sign me on to a contract (from being a month to month user). All of this was unauthorzed by me. I have a case opened and fraud department was supposed to call me back in 48 hours. It has been a week now, and eveytime I call customer service they are just promising me that I will hear from fraud department by the end of the day.

I am getting very impatient and worried that someone out there has my personal information and access t my account. I also now have a plan and contract that I definitely cannot afford to pay for. Please help me. I need fraud department to look into this ASAP. 

This is crazy that someone was able to impersonate me either via chat/phone and be validated by FIDO customer service. 

I am tired of waiting!!

39 REPLIES 39

MzM1
I'm a participant level 1

This is happening with me that my account is hacked and someone purchased 3 new iphones with lines, I called them in January and they said they fixed the issue and sent a confirmation ema that my account is now secured yet this week I get a bill if $4600 for the phones. Called them several times they referred me to the fraud department, where no one ever responded to my calles or called me back. I filed a case agaist the company for the stress they put my family in for three months now. This is very very sad ending, as I used to be their customers for more than 7 years. 

Hello @MzM1 

I went over what you explained here and it's definitely not the experience that we want for any of our customers. When it comes to our fraud department, they do get back to you quickly to make sure everything is resolved as soon as possible.

I will be happy to go over your account to make sure the request was sent properly and verify what was discussed as well.

I'm sending you a PM.  Talk to you soon.

xusijia

This happened to me just now. How come you guys never bothered to improve the security at all after so many "incidents"? I got an email today saying my new device is on the way. I logged in to my account and found out that I'm obligated to pay for a $1300 iPhone 11 pro 256gb. I suspect it's FIDO doing this hoping some customers won't find out. Never had this before with other providers. 

Hey there @xusijia. We are sorry to see this happened to you. We can assure you this has nothing to do with us, we would never do such a thing as it is fully illegal. If you have not yet reached out to us, please do so in order for us to investigate this with you further and solve any issue. 

ross2023
I'm a participant level 3

ReSt AsSuReD wE aRe NoT ScAmMeRs. My god this company is a joke, and shame on government of Candada for letting them get away. Post reviews on social medial for these folks and pray they go out of business.

yousef3

This happened to me today. Similar to the above-mentioned cases. Somebody got my account info (I don't know how because I am very curious about my pass and ID). The thief got my email ID info and ordered iPhone 11. Then, they bombard my email address with thousands of subscription emails. I was suspicious that something is going to happen, so I have tracked all the emails. One of them was from Fido on ordering a new device. Immediately, I informed FIdo customer service and changed my password, and canceled my credit card. The funny thing is the device was shipped several hours after my call. This shows that this problem does not matter to Fido. This is why this story is happening over and over. The problem is not just the Fraid device, my information such as my email address is exposed, and now I am facing thousand of subscription emails. Fido should do something about this, personally, I do not feel safe with this account and will close and switch to another provider soon. 

Zulqar

This exact issue just happened to me. im in need of assistance, what can fido do?

Hello @Zulqar  and welcome to the Community.

It will be important that we verify your account with you to sort this out. You can find all the ways to reach our customer service here. 

Hey @yousef3!

Sorry to hear about your exprience.

Rest assured that this is the last thing we want for our customers. We take these situations very seriously and your information is very secure with us. You will not be responsible for any incurred fees due to fraud.

Have you been in touch with our Fraud department? If not, please reach out to customer service to have your situation escalated. 

IceBlueVapour19

Really? This is what FIDO is going to do for this customer? How did someone manage to get approved as a user on your account? Obviously FIDO customer service put them on this persons bill. I have had a new phone number magically appear on my bill. This phone number called Wayzata MN for 88min and I was charged. I really hope FIDO takes immediate action on this. Their phone number is nowhere to be found when I log into my account. The fact this person did not even receive a call back is alarming. I have been a FIDO customer for well over 5 years now, and I will not continue on with them if they give me the runaround. I will report them to the Better Business Bureau and I will get my money back. And this person should also.

bellapaniccia

EXACT SAME THING JUST OCCURED TO ME AND THEY UPGRADED BOTH MY CELL PLANS....IM SOO UPSET YOU HAVE NO IDEA

I CALLED FIDO TO REPORT MY EMAIL INFORMATION WAS CHANGED ON MY FIDO PROFILE AND THIS IS WHERE I NOTICED EVERYTHING THAT WAS FRAUDED, THEN

I CALLED FRAUD DEPT

I CALLED CANADA POST

I CALLED TRANS UNION

I CALLED EQUIFAX

I CALLED UNITED PARCELS SERVICE

AND STILL I HAVE NOOOOOOOO **bleep** RESULTS...IT JUST HAPPENED LAST WEEK BUT I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE IT WAS FRAUDED...IMMEDIATELY.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY HACKERS ARE ABLE TO DO ALL THESE IMPORTANT CHANGES AND I (being the account holder) NEVER BEING ADVICED AT A MINIMUM VIA TEXT...

MAKES NOO **bleep** LOGIC. THEY ORDERED 2 BRAND NEW IPHONES 7 PLUS AND HAD IT DELIVERED TO A DIFFERENCT ADDRESS.....HOW COME I WAS NOT GIVEN NOTICE....

I MEAN THIS IS INSANE THAT I WAS NOT SENT AN EMAIL OR CELL TEXT...

THEY CHANGED ALL MY PROFILE AND EVEN MY EMAIL..

THIS SHOULD NOT BE PERMITTED WITHOUT ORIGINAL EMAIL ACCEPTANCE

NOW, IM STUCK WITH ALL THE HEADACHES

PLUS EVERYTIME I CALL FIDO......I GET FRENCH OPERATORS....HELLOOOOOOOOO

I WANT ENGLISH SPEAKING AGENTS...

I HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THAT I DO NOT NEED TO SPEAK IN FRENCH....

HIRE MORE ENGLISH AGENTS...I HAD THE PLEASURE OF SPEAKING TO 1 AGENT WHO WAS VERY NICE AND WAS ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH....HIRE MORE ENGLISH SPEAKING AGENTS...OR BILINGUAL...

NOT JUST FRENCH ALONE....RIDICULOUS FOR NOWADAYS TO NOT HAVE SERVICE IN BOTH OFFICIAL LANGUAGES FLUENTLY

Hey @bellapaniccia!

Thanks for posting Smiley

We take our customer's account security as a top priority and we have measures in place to prevent fraudulent activity like this from happening. That said, when it does happen we do our absolute best to rectify the situation as quickly as possible and with no impact to our customers!

From your post, it seems you've already spoken to customer care regarding this and they've opened an investigation with our fraud team. Once the fraud team receives it, they'll take care of reversing the charges and bringing back your account to the way it was and they will contact you to confirm!

I understand that it's frustrating, and there are some delays involved but rest assured it will be taken care of Very_Happy

amirvf

Hello,

The same thing happenned  to  me today. Some people probably had access to my  Fido information and they have purchased an iPhone 7 256GB with that information from Pont Clair.  They have also ordered a new phone line.

I noticed the unauthorized activity the moment it happenned and I called Fido Customer Service right away.

The agent  opened a fraud case and wanted me to wait until the fraud team contacts me.

Unfortunately no one called me so far and I noticed that after almost 12 hours from my report, the package including the iPhone 7  has been shipped to lucky thiefs!!! (I received the UPS shipment tracking number in my email)

I think this is a clear fraud and most probably the leak comeas from within the Fido system itself, since it has been exactly similar cases published here.  I instanly changed my account password, but I do not understand why fraud team does not interact instantly and cancel all transactions and shipments?

Fido customer service    been notified instantly after the fraud, but   the package has been shipped 12 hours after my report!!! That's why I am suspicious that there are fishy activities from within the Fido. 

Anyways, I will also file a police report, but it is very strange that Fido customer service, or the Fraud Department had enough time of 12 hours to at leaset cancel the shipment and prevent further money loss for Fido. What could justify this delay and subsequent loss if some activities from within Fido intereferes with these simple issue. A simple call to shipment department to put shipment on hold to have the case fuly investigated. Is it that much difficult?

There is also another possibility. Maybe  Fido  database is not highly secured . This is also probable because according to my research I have noticed that log-in informations from within the Fido account including username and password are being handled through third-party (janraincapture.com). Maybe here comes  the source for a leak.

Anyways, nothing justifies the delay of Fido customer service / Fraud team to fail to put the shipment on hold.

I think these phone are finally being sold through kijiji to innocent people. At the end, Fido will block the IMEI number of the phone, but there would be additional victims (buyer from kijiji) through this delayed of action from Fido/Fraud team.

Any comments from Fido team?

Thanks,

Amir

ross2023

The fraud is commited by Fido, and they will let these happen as they can make magical sales happen and steal your money. Change to different provider this company is a joke.

Hello @ross2023,

What seems to be going on? Do you need help with anything?

ross2023

Fido billed us $300 last year incorrectly, as my wife made an international call through Viber (app similar to Skype, she purchased in app phone credit to make an international call to Bank of Mexico which lasted 2 hours including the hold time).

FIDO charged us 2 hours through their network, and we had to prove their system made a mistake, by sending screenshots of dozen iPhone call log showing the calls made through Fido's network showed as cancelled (0s), and the two hour call logs were made through Viber. 

Fido's ridiculous customer service reps tried to explain charge was valid, and the other line had poor reception which is why the first dozen initial calls did not go through, and maintaining the charges were "valid". It was repeated several times, this was the Bank of Mexico's landline and not a random Joe in his backyard using a cell phone.

Later one of their president's called to apologies, and we asked him to disable any features on the Fido Network that would cause similar issues in the future and make us pay a higher monthly amount than the agreed monthly contract. Since then, my wife has been unable to make or use data outside of Toronto if she is ever outside of Fido's network which is good.

Again last month we went on Vacation, and I received a $180 bill because of roaming charges! They put it this way, they disabled roaming calls within Canada but not the US as it was not requested. EVEN THOUGH my wife had absolutely no data access in the US, unless she was connected to hotel's Wifi or my hotspot. 

They told us messages were sent as an SMS (exact time was when we were in the Airport arrival and connected to WIFI), and it was explained the iPhone shows SMS as green message, but it shows those messages at the time they billed were sent as an iMessage (blue / green bubble around message), yet they refuse to accept this and say this is a valid charge. This is most dishonest company, and will lie saying charges are valid, and rep has audacity to tell me their system has never made a mistake when last year they made a mistake.

Hi @amirvf!

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the details and I'm really sorry that this happened to you. 

Regarding Janrain, they are really secure and I don't believe the leak is coming from there. Lately there's been a lot of SMiShing attempts on our customers. You can read more about it here.  If you fall for one of these scams, chances are your information was compromised, which then facilitated the fraud.

No worries though, this situation will be resolved for you. Simply wait for the fraud team to contact you. 

amirvf

Hi  

Thanks for the details @amirvf! I'll make sure to forward the feedback to the right persons. 

I'd like to take a closer look at your investigation, I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

VictimNoMore

Yeah this seems to be a common theme for Fido as I was just notified by email about my declining credit score and found a 1500$ Fido bill for an account that Was to be closed in the beginning of December. My account had a credit and things were good. Mid December some person signs a new contract and gets a new phone. Now it's 6 months later and monthly bills + a new device and I am only just finding out about it. No wonder my credit score took a hit. Lucky for me the crooks didn't change my email address. So disappointed and now I see that I will be waiting AGES for the 'fraud team' to contact me. Cool.