cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch series 3/4 supported?

phanthomz
I'm a contributor level 1

After the apple announcement I noticed that the Fido site has the new iphone on the main page...does thie mean that e-sims will be supported and I can add my watch?

40 REPLIES 40

AC73
I'm a participant level 1

Amen! Will have to consider other options if Fido isnt supporting the Apple Watch. And it won’t be Rogers, although they kept calling back after we both left with offers...Was with Rogers for 15 years and moved to Fido as they seemed to be more in touch with the customer...doesn’t seem to be the case on Apple Watch..too bad..

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @parent97, @techdj, @AC73,

At the moment we don't currently support the Apple Watch 4. We also cannot confirm if it will be supported in the future, as we can't speculate on services that haven't been confirmed. 

That being said, if there are any changes to this, we'll be sure to announce it to all of our customers as soon as possible. 

In the meantime I'll share your feedback with the right people! 

Jet_pilot
I'm a participant level 2

What do you mean you will share our feedback with the right people? How about have your CEO come this this forum and explain themselves why are not willing to support it? And we want timelines cut this non-sense about sometime in the future. We all know that sometime in the future you will roll it we want better timelines and commitment. It’s been a year and no results.

Hey Jet_pilot! 

We understand how important the needs and wants of our customers are and this means that we will forward your comments towards the team in charge. We'll make sure to tell them that our customers are interested in this product.

As mentioned by Pierre above, we can't confirm anything right now since we can't know for sure about the services that haven't been confirmed yet. 

I understand that this uncertainty is not ideal and rest assured that we will keep you and the community updated! Smiley 

livagn

I have to agree with the above customers. I have had my Iwatch3 since it came out and assumed by the time the iwatch4 came out Fido would support it. Knowing Rogers has had it for awhile means this is just a marketing decision. If I move it will not be to Rogers. I have been a loyal Fido customer for 14 years now and also use there internet package. This may be the thing that makes me switch unfortunantely. 

Hey @livagn,

Congrats on your first post!

We truly thank you for your loyalty and support over such a long time and hope you will remain with us! While we totally understand where you're coming from, we do not support Apple watch at the moment. This is something we will look at as we build system functionality to support this technology. 

As Julien mentioned, as soon as we have some news we'll let everyone know.

StuntApe

Get your #@(&* together and get with the times or I'm taking my 4 lines elsewhere!

Peter

MBil

Good Morning Fido!,

any updates on this matter? I just got the apple wathc GPS+Cellular and i would like to use my network on it without bringing the phone with me... I could wait a month or two, but if it is taking longer I will go with Bell or Telus?

Please show us some customer support here as we all know is not that hard to connect the watch to your network (rogers already has it!!)

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MBil

Welcome to the community Smiley

We don't have anything to announce for now.  If the situation changes, we'll make sure to update this thread.

Enjoy your new Apple Watch!

cfaustino

Customers can send a confirmation, move to another provider.

@FidoKija wrote:

Hey Jet_pilot! 

We understand how important the needs and wants of our customers are and this means that we will forward your comments towards the team in charge. We'll make sure to tell them that our customers are interested in this product.

As mentioned by Pierre above, we can't confirm anything right now since we can't know for sure about the services that haven't been confirmed yet. 

I understand that this uncertainty is not ideal and rest assured that we will keep you and the community updated! Smiley 

Jet_pilot

We are not interested in hearing that you will send it to a team. We want to hear from someone we can make decisions. Enough of talk and team reply. I understand you can only reference to a script. We do not want the corporate answer, we want hard direct answers. Get someone on this forum who can make decisions its simple give us a date you will roll out Apple Watch support or tell us you cannot and will not support Apple Watch. A team making sections for a year needs to be fired from their job they are not doing a good job.we want answers not corporate run around.!!!!!!

Thanks for your feedback Jet_pilot! Smiley As much as I would like to give you a more clear answer, we have already given to you the information available to us regarding this. The only thing possible to do now, is to stay tuned for any upcoming updates. 

It'll be very unfortunate to see you leave also Assyrian and I really wish there was I can do regarding the Apple watch right now. It's also possible to connect it with the Bluetooth connection if you'd like! Have you considered this option perhaps? 

VJBeach

Well it is now May 2019 not September 2018, which is the date of these original posts and still no support of Apple Watches! 

Hummm makes me wonder if writing on the forum actually matters!! Sad

got a gift I call full utilize. 

Posters are right, if the ‘haves’ (Rogers) can have it how hard is it to share with the red headed step child (Fido)? 

Angry people don’t go within the same company, they leave. It that the company goal?

ademola

This is ridiculous. One year after! Leaving Fido for good. Hello, BELL!

We'd be sad to see you go @ademola Sad 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to discuss your account.

We're here for you. 

jjjjj4563563566

I assumed Rogers meant Fido so ordered a cellular watch 4.  I will be sure to activate it on Bell or Telus and leave Fido behind for good.  Fido has been totally destroyed as a brand since Rogers ownership.

Hey jjjjj4563563566!

We'll be sad to see you go! Would you like to take a look at your options first and see if there's anything we can do? 

Francisstl

Last year it was the frustrating “we won’t carry iPhone X, there’s no demand for it” then “oops just kidding people want it here here we’re selling it now”.

This year you support Apple Watch on Roger and not on Fido? 

You do realize that that’s just a frustration to your users, right?

Branding and marketing choices like those do not send Fido customers to Rogers... it sends them to Bell and Telus... 

parent97

Aren’t you sharing the network with Rogers? They are supporting it... this may be a game (provider) changer...

cfaustino

After waiting for over a year for LTE support for Apple Watch, starting to get  tired of the game. Time to go a a provider that take costumers sseriously and keeps up with technology.  All the major providers already provide the service.