cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Device Online - In Store Pickup Fee?

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello, I am looking to update to the iPhone Xr online, but I noticed when browsing handsets through "Upgrade My Device" online, some phones can be shipped directly to me and others, namely the iPhone Xr, must be shipped to a Fido store for pickup. Why is this? I am looking to upgrade online to avoid the $35 transaction fee. If the iPhone Xr must be shipped to a physical Fido store for pickup, won't I be charged the $35 for having a retail branch service my device upgrade? Can you please clarify, if I order the iPhone Xr online, what are my shipment options and related charges. Thanks in advance Smiley

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nick67

Shopping for a new device is always a pleasant thing!🙂

Currently the iPhone Xr is available through reservation only. You'll have to complete the hardware upgrade by selecting your device, and then choose the store that's closest to you for pick up. You'll receive an email letting you know when it has shipped along with shipment tracking information.

That said, the 35$ Transaction fee will apply as this fee helps cover costs associated with activating a service or device on our network. A refundable fee of $40 + tax will be applied to your account for each reservation if you are an existing customer (This fee will be reversed upon shipment of the device to the store or a cancellation completed prior to the device being shipped.)

For more details, check out our Fido Reservation System here! 

Hope it helps! 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Thank you @FidoJo1 for your clarification. One follow up question: is there a reason why an iPhone X can be shipped directly to my home address but the iPhone Xr must be sent to a store forcing the customer to incur the $35 transaction fee? Apple can ship it directly to my home address, why can't Fido?

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You're welcome @nick67!

The iPhone X is available in our inventory hence why you can do the Hardware Upgrade where it gives you the option to get it delivered at a specific address requested.  

Compared to the iPhone Xr, since we dont have it available on our side yet, our deliveries go directly to stores upon reservation.

You definitely have the option to wait until the iPhone Xr becomes available to get it through our normal Hardware Upgrade System.

It's really what works best for you🙂

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Gotcha @FidoJo1, thank you again! One final question: If I upgrade to the iPhone Xr, am I guaranteed the price I see online today or do I have to pay the handset price whatever it is the day of pickup? That is, for Black Friday, the iPhone Xr 64GB is $549 on a Medium plan. Am I guaranteed the $549 once it is ready for pickup in 1-2 weeks?

Hey @nick67! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

The reservation will only guarantee you the phone, not the price. Demand has been very high for these models.