cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Towers East of Sault Ste. Marie Ontario

sueb55
I'm a participant level 2

Rogers have populated Cell Towers in Sault Ste. Marie but very poor coverage East on Highway 17, approximately 25 miles in particular around St. Joseph Island.  There are two towers East on Hwy 17,  one at Laird Hill approximately 20 miles East of Sault Ste. Marie and then one at Bruce Station or on a map called Bruce Mines.  I am directly in between both towers, cell performance is poor at times with no service and only sweet spots help find a signal through out the yard and house.  Rogers fails to put or upgrade any Cell Towers on St. Joesph Island while Bell Mobility has approximately 5 to 7 towers and another one in the works for Cedar Drive just off D Line on St. Joseph Island.  When I called Customer Service and Wireless Mobile Tech support they indicated sort of that a tower might be in the works but would not reveal, why are they not upgrading around St. Joesph Island like other carriers which are very progressive.  Sure would like to have a truthful answer on upcoming upgrades, the only answer that Customer Service Representative gave,  was we can not reveal if and when it will happen and suggest I write to the Community Forum hopefully a Rogers or Fido Technical Support can answer the question put forward.  I have brand new Iphone 7 surely someone on the Management side can answer a simple question are there any upgrades or do I need to change my carrier.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @sueb55!

Thanks so much for posting Smiley

I want to assure you that we always want the best coverage for our customers, no matter where they are! At this time, our vast LTE network does cover over 96% of Canadians, so you can be sure to be connected when on the go Smiley We're also constantly aiming to improve our network and offerings so that our customers can continue to enjoy using their devices!

That said, I do get that in your area things may not be working as expected. From what you mentioned, it seems you've spoken to both care and tech support. In this case, the best thing to do is really to report this via our NetworkAid tool so that it can be looked into further! If others in your area are also experiencing this, I do suggest to let them know to do the same.

You can report this by visiting this link or through your Fido App. On the app, once logged in just select "Support" at the bottom and then NetworkAid will be the first option! 

sueb55

Since our last forum nothing has changed in upgrading their towers East Of Sault Ste. Marie or putting new towers on line....anything in the works?  Or should we let Bell dominate the market?