cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiration of FidoDOLLARS™ and introduction of Fido XTRA

Emmo
I'm a contributor level 1

Who wants Fido dollars program back? I for one do. So far what Xtra has offered is useless to me. 

***updated title for clarity***

7 REPLIES 7

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Emmo

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the offers on Fido XTRA so far.  I'll make sure to share your feedback with the team in charge of the program.  Keep in mind the offers change every week, so make sure you check the new offers every Thursday.  I'm sure you'll eventually find something you like!

Emmo

What I liked was my $68 odd dollars that were taken away from me. 

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We can definitely understand @Emmo

But we did send many notifications on their expiration and offered many options to use them before that.

Don't hesitate if there's anything else! We'll share your feedback with pleasure

Emmo

That’s not true. We were told about it two years prior. I upgraded a phone line about 6 months ago and wasn’t warned of losing them when I declined to use them. I by chance called customer service a day prior on another matter and when I asked about using them they informed me if I wanted to I had to by the next day or I would lose them. When I got home I tried buying an accessory so I at least could get something out of it. Wasn’t given the option to use Fido dollars at checkout. I called in to CS and was told I could ONLY use them on a phone upgrade. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We did provide warnings on the invoice once news of the FidoDOLLARS™ expiration came @Emmo and the info was also on our website.

In terms of the program itself and what the FidoDOLLARS™ can be used for they were eligible for use to purchase a phone or a SIM card, or add options for a trial period (1 or 2 months). Using them towards bill payments or accessories was not an option.

This said @Emmo, we've added many new benefits to our plans (this includes Fido XTRA) because at Fido we care about connecting you to programs and services that give you immediate and meaningful benefits. Here are some examples of some exciting changes we've brought:

We‘ve recently introduced new benefits such as Fido Xtra. Eligible Fido customers now get access to new perks every Thursday with Fido XTRA . You can get deals on food, apparel gear, etc.

We also updated Fido Roam so you can stay connected abroad for a low daily price.  Originally offered only to our Fido Pulse plan customers, it is now available to ALL Fido monthly customers! 

Fido Pulse plan customers also get 5 Extra hours of data (Data Bytes) every month (which represents an average of approx. 2 GB per month).

These additions reflect our customer’s preference for quick access to benefits right from their phones and makes it affordable to stay connected while travelling outside of Canada.

I hope this info helps clear things up! We're here if you have other questions and also if you'd like to go over your account together! 

RustyA52
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had 180$ worth of Fido dollars saving for 4 years, I opened the app to see about reserving for the release tomorrow to find out they've expired...WTF.

Hey @RustyA52

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to this thread as you'll find the answer to your question!

Hope this helps!