cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data since Monday

dmenegon
I'm a participant level 3

On Monday (around 10am) my phone stopped receiving data. I went online for a solution first, trying a restart then taking out the battery and SIM card for a few minutes to no avail. I called support and they were at a loss and recommended I go to the nearest Fido store to have someone there look at it. I went to the local Fido store and the attendant had no clue but said to go to a cell phone repair place (the one in the same mall). The person at the repair place said there was an Andriod update that has interupted my data service and my phone should update shortly.

It's Wednesday now and still nothing. Feeling like I've been brushed off.

I have an LG G4 btw...

11 REPLIES 11

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dmenegon!

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Did any of the suggestions in this thread help?

dmenegon

Hi!

I replied to another post. Will try a network reset and trying SIM card in another phone.

Will post again ASAP.

Thanks...

Awesome, keep us posted please!

Also, are your account payments up to date? If they are not, it's possible that the data has been suspended.

Let us know Smiley

dmenegon

Hi! 

So I went to a friend's place to try a phone and my data was working on my phone (huh!?) but the other phone was on another carrier so it went into locked mode.

When I got home my data again was working and I could access a few apps but others...nothing. Funny, I'd get Facebook notifications but no access to the app. After 10 minutes the data cut out.

Did the network reset and it looks like everything came back.

Fingers crossed!!!

Glad that it was working in the end, @dmenegon! Smiley

We'll cross our fingers for you as well, hopefully you won't have any more trouble with it.

We'll be here if you need anything else!

dmenegon

Looks like the data connection is stable now.

Thanks for all the help!!!

@dmenagon

That's amazing !!

Glad to know it works now Smiley Thanks for keeping us updated.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @dmenegon,

The LG G4 is an older model now I don't think LG released any updates for it lately, Did your phone recently received an update? Did you get the phone from Fido?

Can you double check and make sure your data settings are on.

Go to Settings > Mobile data and make sure Mobile data is ON and there is no data block.

Check to make sure your APN settings are correct

Go to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access point names and make sure the APN is set accordingly to Fido settings here.

You can also try resetting the network settings on the phone.

Go to Settings > Backup & reset and you should see the network reset option there.

If you have access to another phone you can try your SIM card in that phone to see if the data will work.

If all else fails you can try a factory reset.

dmenegon

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply. I checked through your list and here's what I got...

Go to Settings > Mobile data and make sure Mobile data is ON and there is no data block.

Yup...it's on

Go to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access point names and make sure the APN is set accordingly to Fido settings here.

Fido Internet is set to ltemobile.apn

Go to Settings > Backup & reset and you should see the network reset option there.

Uh...if I do this or the factory reset what will happen to my apps, pictures etc? A bit nervous.

thanks!

elmoboy
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Have you tried the sim card with another phone?

Network reset will just reset your network setting (WiFi, mobile network...) It won't erase your apps or data.

Factory reset will erase everything(like back to a brand new phone). You must backup all your data(photos, whatsapp...) first.

dmenegon

Hi!

I have an old IPhone...but I don't think it'll work with it since it's Apple. I'll try to get a friend's phone today and try.

I will try a network reset today as well.

I had intermittent data connection (while driving on the highway!). I have no idea why.

I'll post again soon.

Thanks!