Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update device on My Account

Uros
I'm a participant level 2

Hello there. 

I just logged in to my account again after so many years and I noticed that my "device phone" is still the old Sony Ericsson Z310a. 

I did not see anything there to change my device to my latest smartphone. 

Can anybody let me know how to update my device? 

I went to a Fido kiosk here and I told the guy that my latest smartphone is a "galaxy s7 edge" and I want to update my device from my account. The guy told me that it is OK even if I don't change the old one. 

I can change almost everything from my account from the Fido site but there is nothing in the site to update my device. Something is not right. 

9 REPLIES 9

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Uros

Welcome to the Community!

I can assure you that this has no impact at all on your account, plan or line so nothing to worry about Smiley

The phone model usually updates automatically based on the last IMEI we have on your account, but it is not something that can be updated manually on your side.

Uros

That's great! Thank you. 

P.S. 

I have a "NEW SIM CARD" for the latest phone I am using because my "OLD SIM CARD" won't fit,

but I kept my old number. So maybe you can access my IMEI number. If not, just let me know.

Have a great one.  

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Uros

We'd still see your IMEI even if you've updated the SIM card. The phone that appears on your account is based on the upgrade info we have but it is not always accurate. It might also take a bit of time following the upgrade for it to be updated. 

Hope that helps! Smiley 

Ann520

I have changed my phone -Ericsson- to iphone a year ago and I had to chang sim card...

And yet they still have the old phone on my account...

Take a while yeah....

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Ann520

It can happen that the phone doesn't change. Is your phone from Fido or is it an unlocked device? 

Ann520

it's unlocked, AND previous owner was with Fido. And after 8 months I changed the number -  on Fido site...

And that gave me so many problems, you would not believe...sigh...nightmare. They even asked me what kind of phone I had, and told them!  Got the "run around" for 6 months! I mean...come on...

I may have been born during the night - but not last night.  😕

The fact that we can't make changes to our own account to keep it up to date..

so figuer what that's about.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for confirming @Ann520

This can be why you're not seeing the phone you're using in your My Account. If we don't have the IMEI registered in our system, you will see the last model you upgraded to. 

I'm not sure I understand what problems this has caused you though. Can you clarify? 

Thanks! 

Ann520

Yes I had given them the info (IMEI)....twice. But I have the impression no one really took note.

After that I had problems logging into my account, in fact, I couldn't at all. I was told that to login I had to change from email to my cell number to have access. When that didn't work, then instructed to indicate my account number instead. Of course with all these changes here and there and nothing working, I lost count I how many times I had to reset password. And it still didn't work!

So, after all this; I was given all sorts of reasons why I couldn't log in; was my mac, my phone, then because I had changed numbers, and then it was because of the browser I was using and had to change it. and finally, I was told they were doing work of some sort on the internet site. Of course, I had a hard time believing as those I new who were also with fido had no problems what so ever..

Customer service could log in but I couldn't, This went on for over 6 months...

Worst experience ever...

We're always looking for ways to improve our services and appreciate any feedback, thank you @Ann520.

If you are still experiencing problems with your account, don't hesitate to reach out on Facebook or Twitter, we'd love to help!