Prepaid balance over $150

I'm a Participant Level 1 ytsui
I'm a Participant Level 1

Prepaid balance over $150

Hi,

I recently got a text message from Fido saying that I can only have a maximum prepaid balance of $150, starting in February 2018. Currently, my account has around $220 and the expiry date is in mid-December 2018. 

Does that mean my balance would be reduced to $150 in February?

Is there anyway that I can be compensated for the deduction of ~$70 worth of airtime?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid balance over $150

Thank you for getting back to us, @oggiedoggie!

I want to assure you that we will not be expiring any balances for customers using our pre-paid services at the end of the year. With our former policy, we noticed that a small number of customers had accumulated a high balance. The cap will give customers plenty of room to use their phone as they like, without carrying or building a large balance.

As part of this process, our team has reached out to affected Fido customers to make them aware of the options available to them to help them use their remaining balance in a way that’s right for them.

This said, we do want to work towards a solution with you. In order to do that, we can send you a PM right here on the Community or you can even reach out to the Office of the President advisor handling your case.

Let us know what works best for you and we’ll be more than happy to assist! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 110
I'm a Contributor Level 1 by007
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@FidoClaudia Somebody who claimed to be from your office of president (ext. ****) sent me an SMS to ask him call him.  Has been called him for the whole week but no answers.  I left at least 5 voice messages.  I even provided him my email.  No reply, nobody cares.

I am going to submit the cast the CBC Go Public on Feb. 1st as my first step.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 110
I'm a Contributor Level 1 by007
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@ytsui we are on the same boat.  This is nothing but robbery.  I'd encourage you to file complaints to CRTC and CCTS.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 110
Former Moderator FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey @by007

Due to higher volumes, there are delays with the call backs from our Office of the President. I assure you, you will be called back!

Thanks for your patience! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 110
I'm a Participant Level 2 kmarin
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'd also like to voice my frustration with this new policy as I too use my phone mainly for emergencies (local and while traveling) and have accumulated a large balance.  Since receiving the text message informing of the change, I have had no communication from Fido aside from an e-mail 2 days ago offering to extend my expiry date by 6 months for $50.  

When I contacted Fido, I was given the option to extend my expiry date by 2 years for $200 but will still lose the rest of my money over the $150 cap at the end of the year.  As with the previous posters, this is something that is unacceptable to me.  When I referenced the Toronto Star article and how both individuals were able to extend their expiry date AND have the usual $100 yearly extension fee waived (due to general usage and likely a gesture of goodwill to allow the balance to be used up in an agreeable manner), I was informed that this was not possible with Fido as the company uses different tools than Rogers (e.g., systems).  Although the Fido representative assisted me as best as she could, I have problems with this explanation as well as with the lack of communication.

I would like to find out what options Fido is planning on offering to affected customers so that I make an informed decision on how to use my accumulated balance in the way that best suits my needs, rather than throwing money away in order to reach the $150 balance cap. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 110
Highlighted

Hey @kmarin and thanks for reaching out.

Let's verify your current available options now.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 110
I'm a Participant Level 2 jeangray

I'm in the same position as others that have a balance in excess of the new "limit" .  The current "options" are of no use to me and I use my phone infrequently so I cannot use up my balance prior to stolen by Rogers

Why not publicly post what the new options are ?  not everyone has time to sit on hold for hours. 

Sad that this is the way Rogers treats long standing customers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 110
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

Could someone take a look into my account and PM me what my options are? BTW I'm looking for a solution to spend my balance in "a way that’s right for me".
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 110

Hey @User3512, sending you a PM right now. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 110
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

I must be doing something wrong ... Inbox -> 0 of 0 messages "You have no private messages."

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 39 of 110
I'm a Participant Level 2 jeangray

I haven't seen any publicly posted options yet , can i get a PM in my inbox for realistic options for my account. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 40 of 110
Discussion stats