cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido home internet terrible service

terribleservice
I'm a participant level 3

Because of the promotion plan, i called on Monday to subsribe the internet service.

My phone was picked up immediately by a rep and the ordering process is super fast.

I received the modem today but cannot install the modem and cannot connect the WIFI.

Ok that is the beginnig of the story.

I called the technical support hot line, no one picks up my call.

I called the service cancellation hot line, no one picks up my call.

The only hot line i can connect is the sales hotline.

Ok, so what can I do now?

Fido is the worst company i have ever used. I am so regretful.

How can this kind of company survive?

7 REPLIES 7

terribleservice

Warn all the people who try to use cheap home internet. Avoid FIDO

Cheap price means cheap cheap cheap service.

Hello there!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

I understand having troubles connecting with your WiFi at home is no fun and hopefully we get to the bottom of this real quick.

First of all did you verify that Fido Home Internet was available and fully provisioned in your area (no tech needed)?

Also, did you fully follow this tutorial for the set-up of your modem?

If none of that works, you may want to give our internet tech support a call, they are normally available 24/7 to answer your questions: 1-888-259-3436

Hancop
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Except you wait 45 minutes for someone who then has less experience with modems and settings then I do and are not at all helpfull

terribleservice

First of all did you verify that Fido Home Internet was available and fully provisioned in your area (no tech needed)?

- 1. No, because i have no way to verify. The technical hotline is a joke ( i have been waiting for 1 hour but i can only listen to the music.)

- 2. I called the salesgirl who pretended to be helpful when i me ordered the service a few times, leaving her messages each time. She never called me back, although she promised me i can call her for help when I placed the order.

- 3. The most ridiculous thing is that i have not even installed my modem, why don't you start to bill me from the date i placed the order? Should you start to bill me until I have successfully connected to FIDO WIFI?

Also, did you fully follow this tutorial for the set-up of your modem?

- Of course, I am an educated person with a graduate degree. But the lights do not turn on after I connect everything based on the instructions.

Anyway, i managed to call the cancellation line after spending 3 hours on this issue. And I have returned the modem to FIDO store. I will learn the lesson.

My suggestion for FIDO: hire as many technical support people as sales people to help your customers. After sales service is much more important than before sales service to earn your reputation.

I'm sorry you feel like you were not supported by our customer care like you should expect to be and that that was enough to make you leave us, however I can understand. We do value your feedback and I will make sure to forward it to the right team so that situations like this do not repeat themselves in the future. We'll be just a message away if you still have any questions. 

terribleservice

It turns out cancelling the service is NOT the end of this terrible customer experience.

I just received a bill from Fido charging me $4.89 as "a final bill" for the home internet service.

I did not even start to use Fido home internet, how can you charge me for anything?

Please tell me how to solve this issue? I don't want to call the hotline and wait for another hour again.

Can you kindly help me void this bill? Please?

Hey there! 

We're sad to see you leave. 

We can definitively help you with the final invoice. We'll send you a PM shortly. 

Talk soon Smiley