Fido flip games results

I'm a Participant Level 1 chintandarji
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido flip games results

Hi there,

I want to know if I mail envelope now. Would you respond with the list of winners. And I really want to ask you that it's 2018 and you can't just populate winners on your website??

Sending envelope is sounds like 90's.

Thanks

Chintan

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido flip games results

@FidoStephen posted a blog article listing the Instant Prize and Grand Prize winners. 

Click here to go to our blog!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20

Hey @chintandarji ,

Thanks for your feedback . 

The deadline to send the letter was January 31st, so it won't be possible at this point. 

More info here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 Hust71
I'm a Participant Level 2

I believe the fido flip game was not real cause it did not run like a normal contest. Cant get winners list, dont hear or see anyone talking about winning, i played everyday from day 1 to last day and won nothing.

But that's how fido run's/works. Fido makes something sound great untill u get first bill, then the truth comes out and all the hiddin stuff like fees and how it really works.

Ex; i was offered a tablet for $10 month for 2 years + $15 month for the data service. So that sounds really good at extra $25 month for tablet and service. until my first bill came in at $99.78, thats like 3 times higher then what i was told. Then 2nd bill at $97.56 so in first 2 months almost paid $200 for tablet to buy new is $240 and still had 22 more payments to go.

On 3rd month i talked to someone on how to pay off faster and for whatever resson they restarted the tablet agreement and had 24 payments to go again. No customer service rep would help me or fix thier mistake. So finnally i just paid what was owed and dropped that line.

Reps are to make things sound great with telling as little as they can so when u get 1st bill in and see the truth, u r already past the return date and r stuck with it

How many people has this happened to?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 20

Hey @Hust71

The contest was very much real Smiley The official contest rules stated how the list of winners could be requested, for this contest we did not post a list of the winners as with most of our contests.

In terms of your tablet plan, that doesn't sound right. If you ever have issues with your invoice or the service you've received please bring it to our attention so we can look into it further, we definitely don't want you to be disappointed with your services.

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 Hust71
I'm a Participant Level 2

Im going to pay off the cell i got from fido asap and thinking of getting service elsewhere. Going to pay off cell like i did with tablet

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 20

We'd be sad to see you go @Hust71

I'll be happy to send you an PM so we can take a look at your account and see how we can help.

Chat soon! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 3 glennlopez
I'm a Participant Level 3

The aspects of this contest mechanics makes it extremely shady. Fido is using an in-house algorithm to generate random chance (which we have no way of inspecting since its not open source) fyi, its literally impossible for a computer to generate a random number. Whos to say the seed to generate pseudo random numbers for this game havn't been specially made in favour of staff member or who ever designed the flip game? How was "chance" generated if computers cannot make random decisions on their own? Wheres the source code for the RNG? The fact that no contest winners were announced publicly makes this even more shady. We can't know for sure if they rigged this contest in favour of Fido Staff (which is most likely the case) to avoid tax on their bonuses? In either case, I have filed a report to business bureau Canada and Canada Revenue Agency just incase. Nice try Fido
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 20

Hey @glennlopez!

The Flip Game was sponsored by Fido but hosted by Launchfire. If you check out the rules here, employees were not eligible to participate in the contest.

The rules have been posted since the contest began. All winners are contacted by e-mail, and if a player wanted a list of the winners the instructions on how to do that were also posted.

I assure you we're 100% transparent, and we've had the official rules up for quite some time. If you have further questions, you can reach out to Launcfire directly, however the period to request a list of the winners has elapsed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 3 glennlopez

Thats for the CRA to decide, not you. (;
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 3 mario05

there is something fishy about this contest...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 11 in conversation