I'm a participant level 1

Please cancel my spotify

11 REPLIES 11

Mirdina

Hi,

I had used spotify with fido for the last 2 years in the promo I got, but now my line expired and I'd like to take advantage of the spotify family account - this means I need to cancel spotify premium on my second line too (which expires only in about a month)

I followed the website and also some hints here on the forums, but I only have the possiblity to download the app when I try to cancel through the fidohub.ca site.

Please help.

thanks.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Mirdina!

I've moved your post to this thread as it deals with a similar topic Smiley

Is the other line on the 2 year promo? If so, then it's not possible to cancel it.

If you're on a 6 month promo that started after October 25th 2017, then it also cannot be cancelled.

If you're on an older 6 month promo (before October 25th 2017), then it can be cancelled via Fidohub.ca Smiley

It's likely one of the first 2 scenarios apply to you, it would be best to wait it out until the promo ends to add that specific account to the Family version.

Hope this helps!

MidgeMarly
I'm a participant level 2

I had the 2 year promo for free and am now paying the premium fee through Fido.  I want to cancel this as am no longer using Spotify.  I tried cancelling my premium at fidohub.ca and just got my new bill with the premium fee still being charged.  Can someone please put in a trouble ticket for me to fix this?  I willl cancel my account if I have to but I am otherwise happy with Fido services.  I would like to be reimbursed for the last three premium fees as well since I have been trying to cancel this service for this long.  I have not called to Fido about it but spoke with a Fido employee/friend and she said to try the Fidohub.ca option first.  I always seem to be looking after these types of things when your offices are closed.  Hence posting in here.  

Hey @MidgeMarly,

We would definitely not want to see you go! I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted out together. 

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out. Smiley 

raman2017

Hello 

I recently purchased Ipad on easy instalment scheme. Here Spotify is added without my knowledge.. I am not sure it is old promoion or new promotion scheme.I tried to get cancelled through Fido. NO USE at all. Also I trried to get it resolved through Spotify.Again they can not cancel or offer any useful suggestion. Net result is I am unnecessarily paying $9.99 per month which I never used. Please help me. So far the suggestions given by both Fido and Spotify are no useful. 

Hey there!

Welcome to the community! have you tried cancelling Spotify Premium by going on fidohub.ca?

Let us know!

cruiselover168

my subscription was ended on may 30. I received a text message from Fido somewhere in the month of may telling me that my subscription is about to end, please reply with STOP to stop the subscription at the end of the 6 months promo. so I've sent and got a confirmation that the subscription had ended and I thought I was set. Today, got a bill of 9.99$ for that!!!  what a scam!

Hi @cruiselover168!

Let me send you a PM to take a closer look at your account.

Thanks.

Stefanieann

Please cancel my Spotify too. I have switched to Rogers last December 22 but I am still being billed for Spotify premium. I want to cancel this

Hey @Stefanieann,

If your line is no longer active, you can go to Spotify.com directly to cancel your subscription. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Bhadz_05 welcome to the community!

If you are on the older 2 year Spotify promotion, the Premium subscription will cancel itself automatically at the end of the 2 year period. It's not possible to cancel it before that.

If you are on the 6 month promo you can cancel it via Fidohub.ca. All you need to do is enter your number, and you'll receive a code. Enter that code back on Fidohub and from there you can cancel the subscription.