Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido App Not Working - v3.3/Real-time Usage

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello Fido forum,

I just wanted to report some technical issues I've been experiencing since updating to version 3.3 of the Fido My Account. This app update introduced "real time mobile data usage tracking". At first, real time data usage was being display but since yesterday I'm back to "updated 12 hours ago", no more real time reporting.

More importantly, since updating to version 3.3, I often get the spinning loading icon when trying to view my usage and it keeps spinning forever. Other tabs like Phone and Plan within the Usage tab, Billing, etc work without issue -- only the "Usage" page within the Usage Tab fails to load.

In addition, my FIDO XTRA page comes up blank or the FIDO XTRA link on the Usage tab is missing all together since updating the app. Today is Thursday and I cannot view my Fido Xtra offers as it is only available via the Fido app. See the screenshots below as proof.

Trust me, I've forced closed the app numerous times, rebooted my phone, and am very familiar with the Fido My Account app as I've been using it for years. These issues only started since updating to version 3.3 on August 21, 2018. Please fix these technical issues soon, thank you!

Fido App v3.3 Pic1.png     Fido App v3.3 Pic2.png     Fido App v3.3 Pic3.png

15 REPLIES 15

JettaMan
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, I had real time when 3.3 but since I updated to 3.3.1 I’m not getting real time anymore. Is there a reason why?

Hey @JettaMan

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Can you let us know if you're seeing an error messages instead or your usage or are you still able to view the usage but with a delay? 

JettaMan

Thank you. I see my usage with a 12 hour delay. I am running iOS Public beta. But I don’t think the OS matters, it should be Fido’s back end that is the difference, no?

Thanks for confirming! 

For now the realtime usage feature has been removed while we're working on perfecting it and make sure you can properly check your usage. 

The feature will be back once it's passed our perfection check, we'll update you here when we have more info. Smiley 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Fido App v3.3.3 is now available which brings back real-time usage! Thanks Fido!

You're welcome @nick67 Very_Happy

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nick67! Thanks for sharing Smiley

We do thank you for the feedback and in regards to the real-time usage, we are aware. 

We have temporarily removed access to Real-Time Data usage while we work on fixing this. In the meantime, your data usage will be displayed with a delay of up to 12 hours and your total data allowance will be reflected accurately.

• We’ll keep sending you data usage notifications when you reach 90% and 100% of your plan’s data allowance.
  • You may refer at all times to the “Your Services Include” section of your invoice for confirmation of what’s included in your plan.

We do apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused @nick67 and rest assured that we'll restore the functionality as soon as we can!

In terms of FidoXTRA and the loading, you did mention trying some things. Have you by any chance tried to completely uninstall the application and then installing it again? Also, have you tested on both LTE as well, I notice in the picture it was on Wi-Fi.

Let us know!

Rob76
I'm a contributor level 1

I hadn't thought to check here but I've also been having the same issue since my app was updated to ver. 3.3. It now just spins in the USAGE tab, then the app freezes. I contacted Fido support on twitter (@FidoSolutions) earlier today and  they hadn't heard anything about this issue and went on to troubleshoot random account settings, reset my account, and had me unisntall and reinstall the app. They assured me that it's not happening on their end, until I inquired about the app version they're using, turned out they're using the old (working) version 3.2.6. They also said they haven't received any complaints about ver 3.3 and that until they get a number of complaints not to expect a timely solution, and that I should just dial in (*3337) every time I want to check usage.

Just a thought but you guys might consider communicating this as a known issue to all support streams so customers' times aren't totally wasted trouble-shooting items that make no difference.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Rob76

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to learn you're having issues with the app.  As we mentioned, this is something that we're working on fixing so the real-time feature was temporarily disabled.  I'll make sure to share your feedback to make sure everybody's aware of this though.

Were you able to get everything resolved when you spoke to us on Twitter?

Rob76

Unfortunately the issue was not resolved. As others have mentioned, in the usage tab it just spins endlessly, effectively the app is frozen at that stage and I have to force quit, then start over. And it just happens again.

I was told to monitor usage by dialing in *3337 which isn't very convenient but at least there's that option.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Yes, version 3.3 is not functioning properly. How can we downgrade back to the previous Fido My Account app as the current version is very problematic?

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nick67

Thank you for sharing the details! 

As much as we'd love to, it's not possible at this time to return to the previous version. 

Rest assured though that we hear all your concerns and our technicians are working as fast as possible to resume all functionalities.

Are you experiencing any other or new issues than the ones listed above? 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Updated app v3.3.1 is now available on iOS. I can happily say this updated fixed my usage loading issues. Thanks Fido Very_Happy

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Awesome! Thanks for the update @nick67 Smiley

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Thanks for your detailed reply @FidoNick. Fido XTRA started working again after about 24 hours...probably was a glitch. On the other hand, my usage gets stuck whenever I try to re-load the app. That is, if you close the Fido App, open it fresh, my usage loads. However, if the Fido app is open in background and say a couple hours later I reopen it, the usage tab icon keeps spinning indefinitely. I'm sure Fido techs are working hard to resolve...I'll wait until the next app update. Thanks for your help!