cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no access to fido account on my samsung phone

Dia3
I'm a participant level 2

I don't have acces to my Fido account on my Samsung phone. I type my email and password. But I cannot enter in my account. It stops where I enter username and password. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey @Dia3

Welcome to the Community!

You would first need to create your online account and login credentials to access the account through the app. Is that already done? If so, are you able to sign in on your fido.ca account through a laptop, desktop? 

Can you also tell me what error are you getting on the app?

Dia3

Hi!. The Fido app worked well on my Samsung phone until I change my phone number. No problem on my laptop.

I tried to change password. It works well on my laptop but I have a message on my phone saying Sorry we've hit a snag. Please check back later. I checked back later. It does not work. I choose Fido App. I type my username and my new password. The picture of Fido app. disappears on the screen. On the screen where I can enter the username and password, should I click on New to Fido because I have a new phone number? This is my first mobile phone and I don't want to mess up. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the additional info @Dia3!

We'll try one more thing, and if this doesn't help we'll have to take a closer look at your account Smiley

Can you try going into your phone settings under applications, locating the Fido app, and clearing the app cache?

Once that's done, please also delete and re-install the application and restart your phone. Test it again after that let us know if it works!

If it works, it was just a cache problem and things are resolved! If it doesn't, please reach out to us and we'll take a closer look at your account to work on a fix.