cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone

cavediver
I'm a participant level 1

I just went to Fido My wife wanted a ne phone has a old plan . The rule is to keep plan you have to buy phone out right But they wont sell new phone unless you pay by installments. I have been with Fido since the beginning They use to be a good company . But now they make rules that do not make sense. This is how they treat a old customer I would hate to see how they treat a new one. Go some ware else  and get treated like a customer should

2 REPLIES 2

FidoLony

Hey @cavediver, 

Welcome to the community! 

It truly does depend on the type of plan you have and if it's still eligible for a new device finance. Sadly some plans are not always compatible, but you should still have the option to buy the phone outright if you desire to do so. You can also buy them full price with the manufacturer directly if that option is better for you! 

The option to buy full price with no payment plan is available on fido.ca as well as with customer care

Maxime420

I just purchased a new phone on the monthly payment program and was now able to keep my current plan. It is an option after you make device selection as it takes you through the plan selection, there is an option there to select "keepy current plan"