cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my i phone

binbot
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

i have recently lost my iphone and all i have is texing left on my prepay plan i would like to no if it is being used so i can find it is there a way to see if anyone is useing it or can i enable the find my phone app from my pc please help i am phoneless.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hello!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Over the years due to so many phone theft and lost, Fido has implemented in its system an option that gives the possibility to Block any lost or stolen Phone IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) so that specific device can be restricted from being use with any Canadian provider. As soon as the phone is lost or stolen, do contact Fido so to block the device. Bear in mind that the restriction can be removed by the Fido Account holder of where the phone is located only and it can take up to 24-hour for the phone to work again.

Hope this Helps.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@binbot wrote:

i have recently lost my iphone and all i have is texing left on my prepay plan i would like to no if it is being used so i can find it is there a way to see if anyone is useing it or can i enable the find my phone app from my pc please help i am phoneless.

If you enabled Find my iPhone on your phone prior to losing it, then you can just login to iCloud.com from any PC and track it (assuming it is turned on and put a passcode/password in place and disabled changes on your phone). Otherwise, no, you cannot turn it on remotely.

If it is locked to Fido, then technically Fido could trace the IMEI to see if it has been activated on another account, but I don't think Fido will do that for you.