cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

complete unlock process Reset

ssilver
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have started the unlocking process on my iPhon, by calling Fido. I've been instructed to back up my phone on iTunes which I've done, then either put in a new sim card or  RESET the phone in general settings. I would like to reset it as I won't be traveling for another week. My question is:  If I reset,  and then restore from back up in iTunes, will it still be unlocked?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@ssilver wrote:

I have started the unlocking process on my iPhon, by calling Fido. I've been instructed to back up my phone on iTunes which I've done, then either put in a new sim card or  RESET the phone in general settings. I would like to reset it as I won't be traveling for another week. My question is:  If I reset,  and then restore from back up in iTunes, will it still be unlocked?

Hello Ssilver,

Welcome to the community!

The reset is a part of the unlocking process and is required if you do not have a non-Fido SIM. Since Apple devices are carrier unlocked, there is no code to manually enter on your part. You can find information regarding how to unlock your device here. Once Fido has confirmed they unlocked your phone,

If you don't have another SIM card to use

Use these steps to finish unlocking your iPhone:

1. Back up your iPhone.
  2. After you make a backup, erase your iPhone.
  3. Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

~ Taken from here.

Erasing your iPhone and then restoring it from your backup is a part of the process, it will be unlocked following the restore. Additionally, since you had Fido officially unlock the phone for your (as opposed to a hacked unlocking) the phone will be permanently unlocked.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@ssilver Once the phone is unlocked and you restore the phone with an earlier backup the phone will remain unlocked.