cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call history

naida
I'm a participant level 3

why is it that there are incoming sms messages to my phone but the senders number doesnt appear.what could be the cause or reason behind it.

9 REPLIES 9

chrisI
I'm a participant level 1
I have a Prepaid account and by logging in to My Account on Fido.ca. and go to Transaction history I can see the details of my last 60 transactions but I can see only the outgoing numbers.Why?

Because incoming call details are not available.

R123

How Can i Find The Call History ????

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey R123!

If you have paper billing, you may refer to the pages of your invoice right after page 3 if you only have 1 line or after page 4 if you have more than 1 lines on your account.

If you have online billing, in order to access your detailed Fido invoice and see those pages, you would have to log in to My Account on Fido.ca. Once the page reloads, click on View online bill, View Invoice and Download / Print PDF invoice. Please note that you will require to have Adobe Reader installed in order to proceed.

If you have a Prepaid account, you can see the details of your last 60 transactions by logging in to My Account on Fido.ca. Once the page reloads, click on Transaction history.

I hope this clarifies!

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello naida,

I would say that the cause would be either phone related or application related if you have a smartphone.

I would suggest that you reset your phone to its factory settings. You can refer to your phone's user guide to know how to do that.

If you have a smartphone, I would also suggest that you remove the applications that you do not use or that you do not know what they are for as they could be causing the issue as well.

Let me know how it goes Smiley

naida

actually the phone i am using came from my sister and i just changed it into my subscription and continued this aacount from my sister.but recently when i check my transaction history, where you could see the last 60 calls/sms and their numbers.and i have just observed that the blank numbers are all from incoming sms messages.all outgoing sms/calls their numbers are visible in the list. only the incoming sms are left blank. why is that?what seems to be the real status? and forgive for my ignorance, i dont know if i do hav e indeed a smart phone.can you tell me how will i know for sure if the phone im using now is a smart phone?thanks

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello again,

On a prepaid account, you can find the transaction history by clicking on "Transaction history" in the right column on the main My Account page.

There is no way to find this list on a monthly account.

Please note that the information for the incoming calls and SMS will not show because we are mandated by the Privacy Commissioner of Canada to not release this information.

As for knowing if the phone is a smartphone or not, the only way to know is by verifying the information. What is the phone you are using?

naida

2011/07/09 16:51

$0.00

XXXXX

Outgoing SMS

2011/07/09 15:30

$0.00

Incoming SMS

2011/07/09 14:42

$0.00

Incoming SMS

2011/07/09 14:38

$0.00

Incoming SMS

2011/07/09 06:13

$0.00

XXXXX

Outgoing SMS

this is how it looks like on my transaction history, whereas on my previous months where all incoming sms sender's number appears on this transaction history. and below are the past transaction history which you could see that the sms sender's number appears

2011/01/23 19:56

$0.00

XXXXX

Outgoing SMS

2011/01/23 19:49

$0.00

1416XXXXXXX

Incoming SMS

$0.00

1416XXXXXXX

Incoming SMS

$0.00

1416XXXXXXX

Incoming SMS

2011/01/23 19:39

$0.15

1416XXXXXXX

Outgoing SMS

2011/01/23 17:30

$0.00

XXXXXX

Outgoing SMS

could you possibly clarify as to what and the possibilities why it happened? i know that there is a logical,true and direct reason why it became like this. you see i misplaced my phone recently before going on a vacation, didnt bother to look for it before leaving because i was in a hurry. my former roomate just told me that she stumbled upon it and just placed it on my computer table. i am also letting my sister borrow it from time to time. did asked my sister bout it but also felt surpised and doesnt know anything.its kinda personal but maybe this is a form of an add on or what that my sister or my former roomate used my phone and in order not to traced that thay may have activitated an add on that makes the incoming sms sender's number not to appear.is ther such an add on? where can i retrieve the missing sms sender's number printable form not in our help from technical reps on the phone.can a complete transaction history be mailed on my email address which the numbers of sms senders appear? thanks in advance.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello again,

You may have been able to see the phone number of incoming text messages before on your transaction's history. However all information for incoming calls and text messages has been removed from our website because we are mandated by the Privacy Commissioner of Canada to not release this information.

There is unfortunately no way for us to provide you with this information in any way as it is not a service that we offer and that we do not have the appropriate system to gather the information.

I wish to confirm that there are no add-ons available to block the messaging history from your account.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused by this matter.