Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Resolved! Sim Card or Phone Problems?

Hello,   I got a ST32 Sim Card and have been recently reading that maybe I should be updating to a more current Sim. I'm really not experiencing any problems with network at the moment and battery life on my Vivaz Pro seems to be 'stable' at 2 days b...

Grandizer by I'm experienced level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! no 3G on my phone

I'm using my old Sony Ericsson P1i on Fido. I"m wondering why the newtowk is not recognized as 3G ( It says GPRS: attached). In the other hand,  when I select the option 3G NETWORK ONLY, it gets disconnected form Fido.   Should I enter new settings s...

Kia37 by I'm a participant level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Android 2.3.4 update on nexus s

Hi,   I just saw that google announced a 2.3.4 update on the Nexus S. Is it going to be updated automatically through the Fido network? How will it work? Will we need to do a full backup (apps, SMS...)?   Thanks,     ***Edited to add labels***    

ep by I'm a participant level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Using Gmail on Blackberry Curve 8520

Hello,   Here is My Question.  I have Blackberry 8520 without a data plan.   I set it up to so that I can access internet through my home WI-FI.   But when I was trying to set up my bb to access my GMAIL using my Home WI-FI  and after I entered my gm...

andazamanka by I'm a contributor level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Blackberry Curve 8520

Hello,   I have just switched over to fido.  I was told by the fido phone rep that the BB8520 would suit me as I explained I did not want to purchase a data plan but wanted to be able to access wifi networks (at home and out and about).  I received t...

Fido3304 by I'm a participant level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes