cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia U Camera Purple Spot

AudioAw
I'm a contributor level 1

My Xperia U is having a problem with the camera where a purple tint apppears in the camera app, and this seems to be an issue amongst many Xperia U users in Sony's official support forum (http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/203903#203903) . Moderators suggests that updating to build 6.0.B.3.184 should solve this problem, however it shows that there is no available update when I check the System Update and also through SUS (Sony Update Service) . Is Fido currently pushing this software update, or is there anyway to update to this newer version and get it fixed?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello AudioAw!

I would suggest contacting Samsung in order to know what is the latest software build and version available for Fido. They will also be able to tell you how to update your device, if it is possible.

On my end, I only have access to the software version which is currently Android Gingerbread 2.3.

You may reach Samsung at 1-800-726-7864.

I hope this helps!

AudioAw

Umm, I believe that the Xperia U is from Sony? I think you posted the wrong information... 

I know that Sony has an official software update like 3-4 weeks ago, but I have no idea if Fido is pushing this update at all... maybe you can help me?

Hey AudioAw!

You are right, I'm sorry about that. I must have been tired Wink

It's indeed Sony who manufactures the phone. Their phone number is 1-866 766-9374.

If an update is available to your, they will be able to let you know how to get it.