Wrong Carrier displaying on my Fido phone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

So after putting some music on my LG Gossip, I unplugged my phone and looked at my home screen.

Where it usually says FIDO, It says ROGERS,

I am so confused

I bought the phone from FIDO with a FIDO Plan,

Should I see someone about this (ie. will i be getting charged by Rogers because it looks like i am on their network or something)

I know Rogers and Fido or relatively the same but I really don't know a lot past that..

Please direct me as to what I am to do next

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE

PS (I also took the micro sd out for a second to see how much memory it had so maybe that has something to do with it?)

***Edited to add labels***

***Edited title***

Accepted Solution

buzzsaw09,

Fido handsets utilize Rogers Wireless towers and also the Rogers Wireless infrastructure. Therefor, they would normally say your connected to something like Rogers, Rogers AT&T, or CAN 720. Fido has added special programming instructions inside the SIM cards to make it say "Fido" when you are on a Rogers tower, to make the network seem transparent to you.

Rest assured it is completely normal to see Fido or Rogers wireless if you are a Fido customer. However, if you see something like AT&T or T-Mobile, or 302-880, you are using someone elses network, and Roaming charges will then apply to your calls/data/text messages

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Just to add I live in Vancouver and the Words that used to be FIDO and is now ROGERS is on my wallpaper screen to clarify

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

buzzsaw09,

Fido handsets utilize Rogers Wireless towers and also the Rogers Wireless infrastructure. Therefor, they would normally say your connected to something like Rogers, Rogers AT&T, or CAN 720. Fido has added special programming instructions inside the SIM cards to make it say "Fido" when you are on a Rogers tower, to make the network seem transparent to you.

Rest assured it is completely normal to see Fido or Rogers wireless if you are a Fido customer. However, if you see something like AT&T or T-Mobile, or 302-880, you are using someone elses network, and Roaming charges will then apply to your calls/data/text messages

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks Paolo

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4