Wrong Carrier displaying on my Fido phone

SOLVED
buzzsaw09
I'm a Participant Level 3

So after putting some music on my LG Gossip, I unplugged my phone and looked at my home screen.

Where it usually says FIDO, It says ROGERS,

I am so confused

I bought the phone from FIDO with a FIDO Plan,

Should I see someone about this (ie. will i be getting charged by Rogers because it looks like i am on their network or something)

I know Rogers and Fido or relatively the same but I really don't know a lot past that..

Please direct me as to what I am to do next

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE

PS (I also took the micro sd out for a second to see how much memory it had so maybe that has something to do with it?)

***Edited to add labels***

***Edited title***

Accepted Solution

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2

buzzsaw09,

Fido handsets utilize Rogers Wireless towers and also the Rogers Wireless infrastructure. Therefor, they would normally say your connected to something like Rogers, Rogers AT&T, or CAN 720. Fido has added special programming instructions inside the SIM cards to make it say "Fido" when you are on a Rogers tower, to make the network seem transparent to you.

Rest assured it is completely normal to see Fido or Rogers wireless if you are a Fido customer. However, if you see something like AT&T or T-Mobile, or 302-880, you are using someone elses network, and Roaming charges will then apply to your calls/data/text messages

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
buzzsaw09
I'm a Participant Level 3

Just to add I live in Vancouver and the Words that used to be FIDO and is now ROGERS is on my wallpaper screen to clarify

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

buzzsaw09,

Fido handsets utilize Rogers Wireless towers and also the Rogers Wireless infrastructure. Therefor, they would normally say your connected to something like Rogers, Rogers AT&T, or CAN 720. Fido has added special programming instructions inside the SIM cards to make it say "Fido" when you are on a Rogers tower, to make the network seem transparent to you.

Rest assured it is completely normal to see Fido or Rogers wireless if you are a Fido customer. However, if you see something like AT&T or T-Mobile, or 302-880, you are using someone elses network, and Roaming charges will then apply to your calls/data/text messages

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks Paolo