Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no indication of voicemail left?

BryanMin
I'm a contributor level 2

5260E400-CE37-426F-8AEB-946AF5EB32F6.png

So, I miss a call and the caller leaves a voicemail. On my main screen, a red dot appears on the phone handset icon but there is no indication of why that red dot appears when you look at the applicable screen after clicking on the handset icon.

D07EAEC5-737D-4574-A412-8F18F78C33D1.png

Why is this? 

11 REPLIES 11

BryanMin

Well, just updated iOS to 16.4 and looks like issue has been fixed. Fido Support was totally useless with respect to providing updates on case. 

IMG_0743.jpeg

BryanMin

I already filed a case with Support. They say it's an apple issue. There is no ETA to resolution. The guy in the US said for his issue, it was a setting related to visual voicemail. I don't know if Fido has that available option in voicemail configuration for clients.

FidoStephane

Yes, I've noticed that on my iPhone as well. Must be a feature change with the last new iOS update. 

BryanMin

So what needs to be done here? Who contacts Apple? 

Hey @BryanMin! Is your iOS updated to the latest version?

Hey @BryanMin! We would strongly suggest you get in touch with our Technical Support team so they can find out the root cause of this situation.
You can reach them either by dialing *611 from your Fido phone or via Live Chat as well.

BryanMin

Yes v16.2

BryanMin

So on the Apple forum, another user says he had the same issue and it turned out to be a setting on the carrier end. So what needs to be done for Fido to check their end as the cause of the issue? 

48BEDB9A-A026-4B90-B99E-C47797D4F38F.png

Hey @BryanMin,

We'll be happy to take a look at your account.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line

- Via live chat on Fido.ca

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

BryanMin

I have already called Support, and they tried a few things to no avail. They have opened the case, and have indicated that it is an Apple issue. The guy in the US who had the same issue, said for him, it was a carrier issue, and under a setting Called visual voicemail. Not sure if Fido has that same configuration option setting. In any case, no ETA to resolution yet. 

Hey @BryanMin! We're glad to read that a case has been created by our support team. We suggest you follow up with them with the additional information you received from Apple. 

Talk to you soon!