cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL FIDO PLEASE ADVISE....

Junofynn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

When, and IF, they are EVER going to support the LATEST APPLE SMART WATCH?
I have an iPhone X; I’ve been a loyal FIDO customer. I would prefer to stay a FIDO customer; however, the lack of this technology to support the Apple Smart Phone is going to be a deal breaker. I do not, and have not, had a Contract with Fido.  I have stayed with them out of choice, but like many others I have spoken to who desire to use the iWatch, a departure from Fido is looking increasingly, though reluctantly necessary. I’m giving Fido another TWO WEEKS to respond to what is clearly a gap in their Services. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Helly Junofynn,

Welcome to the community!

I responded to a simlar query here. I understand there is some interest in cellular services for the Apple Watch. Unfortunately, no one is going to be able to provide the definitive answer you're looking for. Even if there are people in the community who are apprised of that information, they would not be able to disclose that information until it's been publically announced on Fido.ca.

As I mentioned in the other thread, adding additional devices to their line-up would more than likely result in a general price increase for everyone. There's a reason there tends to be the price differential between the flanker brands and their parent counterparts. As far as I am aware, none of the other flanker brands carry smartwatches or their plans.

Any updates regarding support for the Apple Watch or smartwatches would be posted on Fido.ca

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers