Voicemail

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Voicemail

Hello, I am receiving voicemail messages direct into my inbox without the phone ringing or showing a number called from. Is there a way to stop this or should I deactivate my voicemail? If so how would I do so? The voice mail is always in Chinese and has been happening for a month or two. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: Voicemail

Hey @Dabmedia!

Are you able to receive calls on your phone?

Let me know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Yes absolutely, calls come in as usual. This has been happening quite a lot recently. I was told the scammers have software that bypass your number and go straight to the voicemail and there’s little to stop it. The message is the same as ones that actually have numbers and the phone rings, but again it’s in Chinese. When I try to return those callers it just says number not in use.i have reported about 20 numbers to the CRTC, all end in the same voice mail, including the ones that bypass the phone. I block the numbers but doesn’t make any difference. I have been using the same Fido service for 5 or more years and never had any problem until the last month or so.

cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hey @Dabmedia

Thank you for providing these updates and clear information. I would like to take a closer look into this with you.

I'll send you a PM. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4