cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Dabmedia
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, I am receiving voicemail messages direct into my inbox without the phone ringing or showing a number called from. Is there a way to stop this or should I deactivate my voicemail? If so how would I do so? The voice mail is always in Chinese and has been happening for a month or two. 

6 REPLIES 6

travelgirllie
I'm a participant level 2

This is happening to me but it's actually people I know but it's not ringing on my phone just going to voicemail and I can't find a way maybe there's a setting somewhere to change how it answers the voicemail i.e. How many rings before it answers can you help

Hello Travelgirllie,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I understand the calls are not actually ringing your phone before it gets sent to voicemail. However, is there a record of the missed call on your phone? If there is no record of a missed call, then the call didn't appear to reach your phone. That might suggest a cellular reception issue.

Does this issue happen everywhere or only at certain locations? Are you able to make calls at your location? What phone are you using? Was it purchased from Fido?

If your issue only happens at certain locations, it's possible your phone does not have sufficient signal at your location to receive calls.

I understand your phone may show good signal when in standby. However many phones would standby with a data connection (usually LTE). If your phone is not capable of HD calling or voLTE, it may need to switch networks prior to making or receiving calls. It's also possible that it takes your phone longer to switch networks than the set number of rings. You should be able to increase the number of rings. To do so, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

If your phone is having issues switching networks, you might consider disabling LTE to see if that helps.

If you have access to another phone, you might consider trying your SIM card in that phone. In addition, if you have access to another SIM card, you might consider trying that SIM in your phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Chees

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Dabmedia!

Are you able to receive calls on your phone?

Let me know.

travelgirllie

But they don't actually ring they just go straight to voicemail

Dabmedia

Yes absolutely, calls come in as usual. This has been happening quite a lot recently. I was told the scammers have software that bypass your number and go straight to the voicemail and there’s little to stop it. The message is the same as ones that actually have numbers and the phone rings, but again it’s in Chinese. When I try to return those callers it just says number not in use.i have reported about 20 numbers to the CRTC, all end in the same voice mail, including the ones that bypass the phone. I block the numbers but doesn’t make any difference. I have been using the same Fido service for 5 or more years and never had any problem until the last month or so.

cheers

Hey @Dabmedia

Thank you for providing these updates and clear information. I would like to take a closer look into this with you.

I'll send you a PM. Smiley