cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete voice messaages

dfkettle
I'm a participant level 2

Has the voice mail system been modified in the past few days? I used to be able to delete messages after listening to them by pressing 7, but now I just get "that key isn't active" when I do that.

I'm also getting an alert on my phone telling me that the voice mail number has been changed, although the old one stills seems to work. What's going on?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Spencer2807

Fido has poor customer service. Not happy at all.

Hey @Spencer2807! We're sorry to read this. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!
You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you.

Spencer2807

Same here can't delete my Messages in voicemail. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dfkettle,

Welcome to the community!

I believe they have been modifying the voicemail system recently (see here). I think they will make the announcement and provide more information once all of the changes have been completed and verified.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

dfkettle

Maybe they should test the changes first, before unleashing them on customers without any warning whatsoever.  Or are they relying on customers to do their testing for them? And what is the correct voice mail number? Why should it change?

Hey @dfkettle !

The situation has now been resolved. Smiley

To delete your voice messages, you can either listen to the full message and hit ''7'', or skip the message by pressing ''3'' and then push the ''7'' to delete the message.

Another option is to press ''77'' before the end of the message to quickly delete it!

Does your voicemail retrieval number still work?